Linking apk to market

pyro6128

Reaction score
If you download an app without going through the market, is there anyway to get it so that the app updates through the market? I downloaded an apk, installed, and the app works great. But I would like to be able to update it through the market, as that would make things a lot easier than having to do it manually. Is there a way to link it to the market?

I'm confused and interested at the same time. Most the time you install an .apk is because its not available in the market. So if the app is available in the market, why not just install it from there instead of the .apk

Sorry just trying to understand.

I'm confused and interested at the same time. Most the time you install an .apk is because its not available in the market. So if the app is available in the market, why not just install it from there instead of the .apk

Sorry just trying to understand.

You could be installing the app from a backup you made.

Not sure about how to link it back tho....

Most people around here look down upon this...if your talking about getting a paid app .apk for free and trying to get the updates

well heres the deal, it is a paid app. Basically i wanted to try the documents to go app to see if it would be worth my $10. I have no problem paying for an app if its actually going to be useful to me (i've paid for a many and am satisfied). I'm in grad school right now and have a couple of assignments coming up that I feel would be good to put this app through its paces. But because there is only a 24 hour period (understandably so), I felt it would be a gamble. Now that I was able to get the .apk for the full version, I can test it out, and assuming it works for my purposes I would be more than happy to donate the $10. That being said, there is an update to the app that I would like to see, but when I go to the update portion in the app itself, it takes me to the market and just shows where I can buy the app. Again, I'm not trying to get over on any of the devs and skimp out on paying, I just feel like sometimes there isnt enough info on some of the apps. So rather than take the chance that i'll spend $10 and not be happy, I would rather test it out under real world conditions, be satisfied and donate. Or test it out, not be satisfied, and uninstall.

Can a mod move this over to the hacks section for me please? I feel like i might at least hear some sort of response over there

You can know if any app you installed has updates available through atrackdog.. Also, with the latest version of titanium backup, you can fix your market links so you always know if an app has an update. (This only works for apps you've purchased or freeware apps).

You cannot load a bootlegged app and get free updates for it btw, google checks if you've actually bought the app everytime you update

You already have a pirated copy to try out and if you have questions about the features and usability I'm sure you can get answers here. If the pirated app doesn't do what you want, buy it and see if the updates fix your problem. If it still doesn't meet your needs, uninstall it and get a refund.

Ten bucks is pocket change compared to what you're spending on a single textbook.

You already have a pirated copy to try out and if you have questions about the features and usability I'm sure you can get answers here. If the pirated app doesn't do what you want, buy it and see if the updates fix your problem. If it still doesn't meet your needs, uninstall it and get a refund.

Ten bucks is pocket change compared to what you're spending on a single textbook.

And it's tax deductible -- just like your textbooks.

that last bit i didn't know. very interesting though. My text books are expensive as hell so being tax deductible is a huge plus.

Back