List of profile definitions for rooted

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Cant seem to find a good link for the definitions of these profiles.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Are you talking about the profiles like in SetCPU? If so then SetCPU for Root Users <-- that kinda covers them, or at least most of them.

I apologize if I am not understanding the question, my brain has a case of the Mondays today hehe.

Are you talking about the profiles like in SetCPU? If so then SetCPU for Root Users <-- that kinda covers them, or at least most of them.

I apologize if I am not understanding the question, my brain has a case of the Mondays today hehe.

Yes that's what I was looking for but I didn't see hot plug. Can you explain that??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

The "hotplug" governor scales CPU frequency based on load, similar to 4. "ondemand". It scales up to the highest frequency when "up_threshold" 5. is crossed and scales down one frequency at a time when "down_threshold" 6. is crossed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Hotplug also can turn off a CPU core when load is low enough. Basically it is ondemand + ability to turn off a core when it is able to.

In theory this means you may get more battery life out of your device. Some folks have troubles with them sometimes. Especially if you undervolt in conjunction with the hotplugging feature or use screen off profiles in something like SetCPU with these governors. Generally they are stable now though.

Different kernel devs tweak their governors a little bit, so it could be different depending on the kernel you are using.

Back