Looking to root and flash a rom

krazzyjman

Reaction score
I think I want to root my phone and flash a rom on it. I was wondering if someone could google chat me while I do it, just in case I have some questions or anything. And to help walk me through it, I'm not exactly tech savvy. If you can PM me your google talk, or just ask me to send you mine.
Thanks

download z4root. Its one button press for root access. Its a free download. Just Google it.

When you are rooted download bootstrap for dx from the market.

Then find a rom and they have how to flash their rom. Just follow their steps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It has to be made for the Dx. I think that's what u have. I looked at your profile and it said you a dx.

You can choose from
Liberty
Apex
Rubix
Among others. I'm currently running liberty 2.0.1. Just find one and flash it. Remember MAKE A BACK UP FIRST!!!

Ok, and the different roms, do they just make your phone look different or do they all have different features?

Yea some have no blur (blurless) and some have blur.

People say liberty and darkslide are the top.

Just read bout the rom's and what they have and stuff.

When you're rooted and download bootstrap make a back up. Before you do anything so that way if u mess up you can just restore your backup like nothing every happened.

Ok, I looked at the liberty rom, and I like what I see it offers. I just want to know what your favorite feature is.
Also do I backup before I root? and what do I use to root?

Sorry if it takes me a while to respond. I'm out and I have crappy service. I'm trying to reply as fast as I can.

No you are perfectly fine, you are helping me a lot. I thank you just for that :)

To root use z4root. Just Google it. Download it and pit it on your phone.

You make a backup after you root. You're gonna use bootstrap to make the backup.

I like the liberty toolbox. You can do a lot using that to customize your phone. Also the rom is fast. And I love the themes people have made for it. I'm using the epic blue and bold theme.

Ok, I think I am going to flash that rom now. It said I need to wipe before flashing? Is that true?

Yea you always wipe data and cache. Do it twice.

Also you can use the sites search for help of I can't reply fast enough.

Wiper after you make a backup. Or else it wont have anything to backup.

Back