Lost Contacts for Droid X

rabbitstew

Reaction score
Got my Droid X at Best Buy today. Synched my contacts from old phone. Then when my 3G went up I synched with my google account and all my phone numbers have disappeared from my Contacts.

When I go to Contact Search, they're still there. But I cannot get them to appear in the main Contacts directory. Help please.

I have the same problem, some contacts do not show up unless i do a search for them

OK guys. I think this will work the same way on the X. Go to your contacts/menu button/import-export. Select Import from SD card.

Can't guarantee it looks like that on the X but I should be close.

And don't forget too that your other back up is gmail.

I dont see it either, I see 6 options:

add contact
backup assistant
search
display group
my info
more

Check to see if a filter is on.....

There is a filter at the top of your contacts. What is selected? It should be Google or All.

no filters. went to Verizon store. all techs are baffled. this isnt a view setting, a storage issue or something simple. no one there knew and they seemed pretty seasoned and have droids themselves. the contacts are getting saved to "virtual" memory and not being saved into the actual contact list on the phone. They arent linking properly and arent really seen by the phone as "contacts". something pretty weird going on. looks like a bug. there are no options on a droid x where you can save your contacts, nor can you export them. Just to add these contacts came over from an iPhone and they used the machine there to sync it.

I do not have a filter on. It is set to all. I have lost all my contacts i transferred over onto my DX and only have contacts from facebook friends now.

Sneakumlax, i also had the same issue. Facebook overwrites all contacts with your Facebook contacts. Another issue. I uninstalled the Social Networking - Facebook account.

Back