lots of questions! :)

wenstop

Reaction score
1. When is the software update to be released/available? will it contain the software needed to view certain video that I cannot view now?

2. Has the Facebook app problem with importing EVERY friend you have into you contacts been resolved?

3. How do you control the cursor (the red bulls-eye thing...) It seems I can only place it somewhere in my text by touching it with my finger...can I move it along like you would on a regular keyboard with the arrow keys somehow?

4. How do you highlight text to copy or paste it, etc.?

5. Why don't the homescreens change their orientation to landscape?

*6. Can I get my phone to link with my Yahoo calendar? Instead of Google?

Thank you so much!!!!!

1. When is the software update to be released/available? will it contain the software needed to view certain video that I cannot view now? It is rumored to be early September but that is only rumors and additional rumors keep popping up. The DI is receiving presently and we are to receive after them but no exact date has been announced.

2. Has the Facebook app problem with importing EVERY friend you have into you contacts been resolved? If you bypass the stock Facebook app (don't configure when you are activating your phone) and then download Facebook for Android from the market or just set a browser bookmark for the touch Facebook site, you can avoid the contact syncing issue.

3. How do you control the cursor (the red bulls-eye thing...) It seems I can only place it somewhere in my text by touching it with my finger...can I move it along like you would on a regular keyboard with the arrow keys somehow? When the bulls-eye appears, just drag and it acts like a magnifying glass so you can adequately move the cursor. If you use swype, you can swype from the S key (bottom left) to the SYM key and receive the editing keyboard (thanks to DebianDog for that trick). I have only found arrow keys in one other keyboard so those are cool with the virtual keyboards.

4. How do you highlight text to copy or paste it, etc.? This varies per application - in texting it is the easiest, just long press on the Text msg and select copy. Copy and Paste in emails is limited but improved a bit in 2.2. If you are rooted, there is an app called Copy Paste It which allows you to copy and paste from almost anywhere but it is not 100% all the time.

5. Why don't the homescreens change their orientation to landscape? Double check your phone settings to make sure you have this selected or it did not somehow get deselected...settings - display - auto-rotate screen should be checked.

*6. Can I get my phone to link with my Yahoo calendar? Instead of Google? Not sure on this one, but maybe this link will help Yahoo calendar sync with Google Calendar? - Calendar Help

Thank you so much!!!!!

Good luck and enjoy!!

Back