Micro Flip The Reversible Micro USB Cable

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Micro-Flip-Micro-USB-cable.jpg

Several weeks ago we announced the Indiegogo project MicFlip which claimed to be the world's first ever reversible Micro USB Cable. Now another company has started a kickstarter campaign also claiming to be the world's first ever reversible Micro USB. It currently has 558 backers and has raised $15,711. One thing that stands out about the Micro Flip is they also offer an adapter so if you have an extra long micro usb cable or something that you love you can just add the cheaper adapter. You actually get the adapter free with the purchase of the cable. The cheapest pledge level is $12 and gets you one cable. Head to the kickstarter page for more info.

via Kickstarter

Honestly, I think these concepts are nice, but I'm so used giving a quick check of the plug before charging that it doesn't bother me the way it seems to bother others. Also, Samsung's cheap fix of putting ridges on the top side of the plug for the Note 4 is handy in the dark.

All of this will be moot once we start getting devices with Type C connectors anyway.

If I had to choose between this one and the Magnetic one, I think I'd almost go with the magnetic one, simply because it makes it a bit more safe. If you happen to trip on the cord or the dog gets his foot stuck in it, less chance of sending your phone flying across the room.

Honestly, I think these concepts are nice, but I'm so used giving a quick check of the plug before charging that it doesn't bother me the way it seems to bother others. Also, Samsung's cheap fix of putting ridges on the top side of the plug for the Note 4 is handy in the dark.

All of this will be moot once we start getting devices with Type C connectors anyway.

If I had to choose between this one and the Magnetic one, I think I'd almost go with the magnetic one, simply because it makes it a bit more safe. If you happen to trip on the cord or the dog gets his foot stuck in it, less chance of sending your phone flying across the room.
I agree. I usually put a little mark on the top side of my plug to easily plug them in. And in a year or so all plugs will change again

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Less than a year. We're already seeing the type c connector show up on devices. That connector can be flipped either way.

The new nexus devices are rumored to be having those connections.

Back