Mobile hotspot/BT tethering

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
I've been searching the forums for this answer but there's just to much stuff to read thru.
Bluetooth tether is now an option inside the hotspot, when i checked the box to tether inside the hotspot my Xoom was able to connect. At no time did I get a warning of being charged a fee for doing so. I have Foxfi and it works well but connecting via BT is faster for me. Does Verizon charge for using the BT tether from the mobile hotspot?

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I am not sure if this answers your question, but if you are bluetooth tethering from FoxFi, this is the introductory paragraph from their homepage:

FoxFi enables WiFi or Bluetooth Hotspot on your Android phone - no tether plan or rooting required! This is a new Android app with great reviews in Android Market. Bluetooth mode works for all phones. WiFi mode currently works on most Samsung/Motorola/LG phones and new HTC phones with Android 4.0 (HTC One etc). WiFi mode does NOT work on Motorola Droid 1, Motorola Triumph, Samsung Admire, LG Revolution or older HTC phones, use Bluetooth mode instead. Connect your tablets, computers or game console with WPA security. FoxFi usage is covered under your phone's existing data plan.

Hope that helps.

I am not sure if this answers your question, but if you are bluetooth tethering from FoxFi, this is the introductory paragraph from their homepage:

FoxFi enables WiFi or Bluetooth Hotspot on your Android phone - no tether plan or rooting required! This is a new Android app with great reviews in Android Market. Bluetooth mode works for all phones. WiFi mode currently works on most Samsung/Motorola/LG phones and new HTC phones with Android 4.0 (HTC One etc). WiFi mode does NOT work on Motorola Droid 1, Motorola Triumph, Samsung Admire, LG Revolution or older HTC phones, use Bluetooth mode instead. Connect your tablets, computers or game console with WPA security. FoxFi usage is covered under your phone's existing data plan.

Hope that helps.

Yeah I know all about foxfi , I've had it since February & it works flawless. My question is about BT tethering without a 3rd party app. B4 the ICS update , I could just hit the widget on my xoom and it would connect to my razr immediately. It was a lot faster to connect than starting up foxfi. Seems now in ICS (on razr) the share internet connection via BT must be checked in the mobile hotspot app order to connect via BT. Has know one notice this?
Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I know all about foxfi , I've had it since February & it works flawless. My question is about BT tethering without a 3rd party app. B4 the ICS update , I could just hit the widget on my xoom and it would connect to my razr immediately. It was a lot faster to connect than starting up foxfi. Seems now in ICS (on razr) the share internet connection via BT must be checked in the mobile hotspot app order to connect via BT. Has know one notice this?
Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, I realized you were referring to the Verizon "Mobile Hotspot" App and not hotspots in general ie. FoxFi after I hit Post Reply. Once I realized this I spent about 30 minutes on the Verizon site doing searches and reading some of the "Terms and Conditions". Found nothing addressing it there other than some great reading for insomniacs not wanting to take sleeping pills. Wish I could have found something for your question regarding charges or not:angry:

Sorry, I realized you were referring to the Verizon "Mobile Hotspot" App and not hotspots in general ie. FoxFi after I hit Post Reply. Once I realized this I spent about 30 minutes on the Verizon site doing searches and reading some of the "Terms and Conditions". Found nothing addressing it there other than some great reading for insomniacs not wanting to take sleeping pills. Wish I could have found something for your question regarding charges or not:angry:

Thanks for helping me search. My Verizon bill should generate in a few days, I'll check to see if any charges resulted from the BT tethering :cool:

Thanks for helping me search. My Verizon bill should generate in a few days, I'll check to see if any charges resulted from the BT tethering :cool:

On another note, when I gave up my free Mobile Hotspot that came with my palm device, I asked the saleslady about their Mobile Hotspot. She told me I could turn it on, use it for however long I needed it (I took that to mean "days") and then cancel that feature and it would be prorated for the amount of time I used it. She said the same as using a phone internationally. Whether that is correct or not, I cannot say, as it has been my experience that some of the salespeople will tell you anything, either out of ignorance or their hunger for a sale. I wish Verizon would pay a good wage instead of commission to their sales force and that would at least satiate the "hunger" factor.

Back