More Pics of Droid 3 Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Solana_kb_open_D3.jpg

Here are some more leaked pics of the Motorola Droid 3. They are very blurry, but they still show off the nice keyboard and thinner design of the new Droid, internal codename "Solano". Nothing really new is known on the phone's specs, but we can still ponder over the pics. Sound off in the forums if the Droid 3 is one you are considering waiting for.

Solana_sideview_d3.jpg

Source: Android.net via AndroidPolice

The dedicated numbers should be a welcomed addition.

Sent from my Droid

DEDICATED NUMBERS!!!!!!! This is my new phone!!!!!!

Looks like this might have a larger screen than the previous two Droids (3.7). the keyboard has 5 rows of buttons, suggesting a wider area for the buttons to fit. plus, it doesnt have the same space at the bottom of the 'top' part of the phone, it appears to be smaller. Possibly a 4.0 inch screen????? if so, this would be my dream phone (if it come with a tegra2) dancedroid

Still love my D1, didn't see a point in jumping to the D2 but am excited for the specs on the D3 :)

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide

Well... considering this is likely a 3G phone, there is a chance I ditch my old D1 to use this going forward until my contract is up. Unlimited data is too valuable to pass up, and my contract won't fully expire until next March, so even though I am due for an upgrade in September, I might not use it.

Unlocked bootloader and the phone will be mine no questions!

Nice looking phone overall no doubt!

I'll probably jump onto the Bionic myself for a few reasons:
  1. I've been using a Droid 1 since its launch date and I find that I rarely use the physical keyboard. If this phone were coming out at the same time as the Bionic, then I would give it strong consideration which leads me to the next point.
  2. I'm very eager to jump to a phone with superior hardware and June is still painfully distant, now if Moto were to release a date on this thing that is within a month or so of the Bionic, I could be persuaded to wait.
  3. Why a phisical keyboard? If this thing had even had a black and white LCD touchscreen side-out "keyboard" then.. wow...

I kind of hope it is 3G only. I got in on that crazy Verizon promotion where my plan is only like $68 a month. If I switched to 4G I would probably lose that.

Looks promising, I for one like the PKB on my D1 and this one looks 1,000X better

Nice looking phone overall no doubt!

I'll probably jump onto the Bionic myself for a few reasons:
  1. I've been using a Droid 1 since its launch date and I find that I rarely use the physical keyboard. If this phone were coming out at the same time as the Bionic, then I would give it strong consideration which leads me to the next point.
  2. I'm very eager to jump to a phone with superior hardware and June is still painfully distant, now if Moto were to release a date on this thing that is within a month or so of the Bionic, I could be persuaded to wait.
  3. Why a phisical keyboard? If this thing had even had a black and white LCD touchscreen side-out "keyboard" then.. wow...

Because some of us still want a physical keyboard. Quit complaining. The majority of phones don't have physical keyboards, so you have many more to choose from than those of us who want a physical keyboard.

Back