Moto D1 to D3 transfer advice please

Fabric8r

Reaction score
I've decided to get the new D3, upgrading from original Moto Droid. Fearful of the change though. So...

Will the Verizon store transfer my apps, contacts, AK notepad notes, voice memos, photos, backgrounds, ringtones, etc? Or will I have to start all over?

Is there anything I can do prior to going to the store to make the transition?

I sure thank you, I have read numerous posts, and understand a few of them. Would like step by step advice that non-tech person can understand. I know how to connect to my computer and copy files to it, but would like more help.

Will the Verizon store transfer my apps, contacts, AK notepad notes, voice memos, photos, backgrounds, ringtones, etc? Or will I have to start all over?

Unfortunately, that's all up to you. That should be saved on the SD card. Apps are theoretically backed up to your Google account. I've only seen this if I wasn't rooted. Download Appbrain and backup your list of apps to make it easier.

Is there anything I can do prior to going to the store to make the transition?

If you don't have your Google info backed up to the cloud already (contacts, etc), do so. Back up the contents of your SD card to a computer, as the D3 can only read media off of the card.

went from d1 to d3 24 hours ago went to verizion store they backed up apps contacts every thing to the sd card in the d1. Inserted it into d3 and installed. When i got home i pulled card backed up on puter. Deleated every thing from card and put it back into d3 for photos ect. Like getting a free 16 gig card with new phone. Resit old d1 airplane mode and let my youngest son d/l games and have it to play with it on home wireless network. Verry happy with d3 so farbeen off charger 7 hours today played with off and on all day and still have 70 % batt just turned off world phone

Back