Moto G Ferrari Edition is a Real Product

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
MotoG-ferrari.jpg

What do you get when you take a mid-range smartphone and marry it with a high-end automotive brand? You get the Moto G Ferrari Edition, of course! Yes, this is a real retail product, and it had us scratching our heads too. It doesn't surprise us that Ferrari would team up with Motorola, but it does surprise us that it is not with one of their higher-end devices.

Regardless of the middling specs inside this new phone, there's no arguing the outer case design utilizes the Ferrari branding effectively. Perhaps for some fans of the Italian sports car maker, this is the closest they will come to actually owning a Ferrari. Here's a refresh of the specs in this device (as they are unchanged from the vanilla Moto G):

• 4.5-inch 720p HD touchscreen with Gorilla Glass
  • 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
  • A 5 MP rear camera with LED flash and 720p HD video recording
  • 1.3 MP front camera
  • 1 GB of RAM
  • HSPA+, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, an FM radio
  • 16 GB of non-expandable storage
  • 2,070 mAh battery
There's no word on when (or if) there will be an LTE version of this Ferrari edition of the phone, considering the recently announced 4G LTE version of the device. The price for this phone is said to be $387 or €281 off contract.

Source: UnWiredView

So they did this on an extremely affordable phone with a branding that's not so affordable?!?!

Guess the cartels can have a throwaway phone that fits what they drive...

Hmm, I remember someone making a very expensive Android phone, with company branding (I can't remember, maybe Prada) a couple of years ago. Anyway, this phone was not at the top of it's class, and used older technology and then then like 3 months later, way better specs were out, and the phone that cost over $1000 was now being beat by newer phones with newer technology.

Enter the Moto G Ferrari edition.

Why not make an affordable phone, with company branding, instead. Every day people can afford it, and it's free advertisement. Win win.

I wonder why a company like Ferrari would agree to put their logo on a low end device. Perhaps it's all about the royalty.

Next.. Just to be different.. Saab will have an official iPhone... Baaaahahahaha

Next.. Just to be different.. Saab will have an official iPhone... Baaaahahahaha

Saab? Are they still around? Lol, I think they are now with Plymouth and Eagle and Saturn.

I could see Apple putting a Smart car logo on the back tho.

Hmm, I remember someone making a very expensive Android phone, with company branding (I can't remember, maybe Prada) a couple of years ago. Anyway, this phone was not at the top of it's class, and used older technology and then then like 3 months later, way better specs were out, and the phone that cost over $1000 was now being beat by newer phones with newer technology.

Enter the Moto G Ferrari edition.

Why not make an affordable phone, with company branding, instead. Every day people can afford it, and it's free advertisement. Win win.

quoting you because i was giong to say the same thing.
seeing the picture made me thing of it i just dont remember what. just i feel like it was worse than what you described, it was like year old mid range.

quoting you because i was giong to say the same thing.
seeing the picture made me thing of it i just dont remember what. just i feel like it was worse than what you described, it was like year old mid range.

I was thinking my post was invisible because there were people asking the very question I answered, after I answered it. :icon_eek:

Anyway, I think people are not getting the point of this. Free advertising on a device THAT IS NOT HALF BAD SPEC WISE, that everyday people can afford. Plus that black and red color coordination looks very nice.

Maybe Ferrari wasn't the best choice to do something like this with. Perhaps Motorola could have made it cheaper, and put advertisements for a brand of beer, or restaurant chain.
Or they could have put a faster processor in the phone, a bigger battery, and now we get it. It's faster, and so Ferrari makes sense. Having the same specs...maybe not. Still, I do like the color combo.

Saab? Are they still around? Lol, I think they are now with Plymouth and Eagle and Saturn.

I could see Apple putting a Smart car logo on the back tho.

That was the point of the attempted joke lol.. Should've said smart car.. Dang it lol

Back