Motorola Droid 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-2.1.jpg

Tech Blogs all around the web have detailed almost every angle of the new Google Phone aka Nexus One. The new phone will debut soon with the latest version of Google's Mobile OS, Android 2.1.

Just a few days after the news blitz, Sholes.info had posted some information with screenshots of the Motorola Droid running Android 2.1 ripped right off the Nexus One.

While it appears to be working on the Droid, it is not 100% functional. If you attempt to put this on your Droid and fail, the results can be catastrophic. Warnings have been posted so you have been warned.

In the mean time, if you would like to discuss the Nexus One, please be sure to stop in at our sister site, the Nexus One Forum @ NexusOneForum.net

lame if it goes to at&t the phone looks really nice :eek:

It will work on AT&T as well as T-Mobile. It won't work with Verizon. It's mainly the hardware that makes this determination as they didn't make it a "world" phone with a SIM card nor CDMA.

From what I've read so far, it would would not work on Verizon's current network.

whats with the windowesque logo color scheme rotated counter clockwise 90 degrees? at least change the order

The 3G frequencies are that of T-Mobile.

So you can use the phone on AT&T, but you won't have 3G.

You will not be able to use the phone on Verizon's network as it isn't CDMA.

How much of the 'look' of 2.l this phone comes to Droid? All over it? Is this the OS we'll have?

How much of the 'look' of 2.l this phone comes to Droid? All over it? Is this the OS we'll have?
yes this is the 2.1 OS we will have...

Since nothing is really confirmed I'm assuming the Nexus will be to T-Mo as to what the Moto is to VZW.

Kind of makes sense.

yes this is the 2.1 OS we will have...

Since nothing is really confirmed I'm assuming the Nexus will be to T-Mo as to what the Moto is to VZW.

Kind of makes sense.
+1 More Androids on more networks is probably a good thing. Some people may not want to leave the network they are in for a phone. At least this way android builds up a bigger user base.

I wonder how long it will take the Droid to get Android 2.1?

Again the scheduled release is Jan.

Scheduled? More like rumored right?I know there is a sheduled update for January but there's no hard evidence that that particular update is 2.1

It could just as well be 2.0.2 as far as I know. I hope you're right but I don't know of any proof other than speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back