Motorola Tablet specs leaked? Hint of Etna's specs?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
attachment.php

Endgadget posted a very interesting article that we'd like to share with our readers. Keep in mind this is ONLY rumor at this point and nothing has been verified. So take it with a grain of....gosh I don't like cliche's. You get the idea.

First off the tablet (seen above), that has been going by the codename Stingray, is rumored that it will be sporting a 7-inch as well as a 10-inch screen (the latter appears to be what Rubin had at D:Dive into Mobility) The one you are looking at above has a 1280 x 800 display of unknown size, NVIDIA Tegra 2 T20 dual-core chip, gyroscope, a 5 megapixel main camera, and a 2 megapixel front camera, 32GB embedded MMC and a microSD slot.

As far as release dates we don't have that information but it's said that the device will apparently be priced like the current Motorola high-end phones, and will be available in three flavors: UMTS, CDMA, and LTE.

Now onto the Etna, the monster from Motorola that is supposed to release February/March on VZW's network. There is some rumor (here we go with that word again) from a VERY reliable source on HoFo who has eluded that Motorola's Etna will be sporting the same specs as the "Stingray". To paraphrase his comments "all that tech and hardware packed into a handset should be pretty amazing"

So there you have it. The latest "rumor and gossip" on the 2 highly anticipated devices to hit VZW's network. It's just a matter of time before these Dual core behemoths hit.

Stingray Specs:

~NVIDIA Tegra 2 T20 processor
~1280×800 screen
~5 megapixel rear camera
~2 megapixel front-facing camera
~32GB embedded storage and microSD card slot

Who's excited?

source: Endgadget

Last edited:
I am pumped for the Etna but as far as the tablet not so much. I already have the GTab all pimped and it flies. Not to mention that knowing the tablet is coming from Verizon it is going to require a 2 yr. contract and data package. Screw that. I just want a Tegra 2 phone to match my awesome Tegra 2 tablet. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

My work got me an iPad and frankly, I just don't see any real use for a tablet unless you have no computer at home or travel a lot.

i have no interest in it as it seems that its binded to Verizon. As far as i know, these tablets do not have a 'wifi only' offering. if that is the case. total fail. i'll be buying the iPad2 if that turns out to be true.

I am pumped for the Etna but as far as the tablet not so much. I already have the GTab all pimped and it flies. Not to mention that knowing the tablet is coming from Verizon it is going to require a 2 yr. contract and data package. Screw that. I just want a Tegra 2 phone to match my awesome Tegra 2 tablet. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

The Galaxy Tab doesn't have a Tegra 2 so what are you talking about?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ah ok. I personally would rather the Moto tablet because of Honeycomb.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

That's very good news, hope it all turns out to be true and we see an awesome phone in february/march.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

For the Etna - I am excited...and trying to be paitent :happy:

My work got me an iPad and frankly, I just don't see any real use for a tablet unless you have no computer at home or travel a lot.

I feel exactly the same.

However, I am sitting on an upgrade and VERY excited about the Etna.

Thanks, CK, for keeping us all up to date.

If I'm not mistaken, there are roms for it that bring a better android experience. i haven't looked around for nay since I have no real reason to, I don't own one.

Back