Moving apps to SD card

amgine27

Reaction score
Ok guys can some of you pros out there tell me this, since i dont want memory to be used up on my phone, how do i move apps that are installed on the phones memory to the SD card.

Thanks and appreciate all the help

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Ok guys can some of you pros out there tell me this, since i dont want memory to be used up on my phone, how do i move apps that are installed on the phones memory to the SD card.

Thanks and appreciate all the help

How much memory does the X have? I thought it was a lot. And how many apps are you planning of installing??? I've got 256 MEGS of memory and still have plenty with all my apps.

Also, I can not tell you how many times when folks are having difficulties with there phones, it ends up being caused by app2sd. With the memory you have, I would not recommend the additional complication of moving apps to sd. YMMV :)

Oh I know I have 8 gb on the phone but since I have 16gb on the card I figured I would move it there, I would still like to know how to do it

Ok, maybe it's just me, but how do I move items from regular memory to the SD card. I know, this sounds probably very simple and dumb, but I'm a bit lost on it.

not all items can be moved to SD card and most of it are just games. however; unless there is no more space on the phone its not recommended that you move your apps to SD. then again, its up to you whether you want to move it or not. just simply go the the applications menu on the settings and click on manage applications and select which app you want to move to SD. again, not all apps can be moved to SD.

here's a better representation of the location.

settings->Application->manage applications->[application that you want to move to SD]->select "Move to media area"

Back