Multi colored LED for notifications?

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Hi all.
K9 mail, THE best email client for the Android OS, has the ability to flash different colors for different email accounts, yet the Rezound only flashes green.
Should it be able to do the multi colored thing like the D1 could; a not so subtle jab if not.

Thanks.
B

I had this same question and came to the assumption that the LED notification light either doesn't conform to the same standard or is only red(orange) and green. We'll know for sure after a dev gets this s-off'd and fully rooted.

Ah.
Mkay.
I also just noticed the the vibration that I set for K9 notifications isn't working either.
Makes me think that I missed a setting somewhere, though I don't know where.

Thanks
B

Ah.
Mkay.
I also just noticed the the vibration that I set for K9 notifications isn't working either.
Makes me think that I missed a setting somewhere, though I don't know where.

Thanks
B

Just got real curious about this and looked in the market for something to test the colors with. Came across this: https://market.android.com/details?...uc3VsdGluZy5hbmRyb2lkLmxpZ2h0Zmxvd2xpdGUiXQ..
Of Course it says this:

** Most HTC phones require "direct mode" setting. Most gingerbread builds for HTC phones require root access due to HTC changing the permissions on the LED control files.

** Most HTC phones require "direct mode" setting. Most gingerbread builds for HTC phones require root access due to HTC changing the permissions on the LED control files.

So does that mean we have to have root access for this to work?

Fwiw, I wrote to htc, and they said that the led built into the Rezound can only produce orange and green colors.

B

Boooooo, i got excited for a second. I wanted blue to match my K-9 color setting. lol. Looks like a jab there!

orange and green without root I guess? that uses all the primary colors right there.. red yellow and blue.. so any combination SHOULD be possible, unless it is two separate itty bitty LEDs. There use to be an LED color changer app on the market that I used to play with colors for my D1 to set to apps. Obviously we'll need root to break into any of that because of the way it's programmed on HTC. I guess they think we're gonna break the LED if we can change its colors? LOL

I had struggled to get solid colors on the notification led for K9 email... what I found is on the k9 notification settings where you have the color bar on the right and a color gradient on the left... choose your color on the right and on the gradient move the little circle to the upper right hand corner... but go past the gradient. The circle will appear outside of the gradient and now you have a solid notification LED. I hope this helps someone.

Back