multiple messaging notifications

justsayin

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to turn off the stock messaging apps notifications? I am using handcsent and for every text I get I get two notifications and two separate message windows one from handcent and one from the stock app. Both withe same message in them. I have gone through the settings for the stock apparently and turned everything off and still no joy.

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the stock messaging apps notifications? I am using handcsent and for every text I get I get two notifications and two separate message windows one from handcent and one from the stock app. Both withe same message in them. I have gone through the settings for the stock apparently and turned everything off and still no joy.

open the stock messaging app and then touch the menu button (four lines) and select "settings" once you are there scroll down to "notifications" and uncheck it

open the stock messaging app and then touch the menu button (four lines) and select "settings" once you are there scroll down to "notifications" and uncheck it

I did that and it didn't work so I unchecked everything in settings and still no joy.

Ahh doing the guide right now thanks a ton

Last edited:

this did not work. It was the first thing I tried.

The guide doesn't work for me either. :(

Back