Music Player Stopped Working!!

sltruong

Reaction score
Everything was going good with the default music player.

Last night, I downloaded MixZing to see if it was better. Both music players were working after I downloaded it.

Today, nothing is working. Everytime I click a song, it says, "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file".

I tried uninstalling MixZing but nothing has worked.

Any suggestions??

After you uninstalled did you reboot your phone ?

Music Player Stopped Working!

The music player has stopped working on my myspace profile. Even if I go to another persons profile it still doesnt work. It acts like its loading and the bar turns blue, but yet it does nothing. I am using a windows laptop. This problem is the same on my Imac. Is this myspaces problem or mine? Very confused! Thanks for any help!

Everything was going good with the default music player.

Last night, I downloaded MixZing to see if it was better. Both music players were working after I downloaded it.

Today, nothing is working. Everytime I click a song, it says, "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file".

I tried uninstalling MixZing but nothing has worked.

Any suggestions??

This EXACT same thing happened to me. MixZing was weird so I removed it. Then music wouldn't play with the music app or doubletwist. I've reformated the SD card and tried loading the music back on twice and it still wont play.
Does anyone have any help on this?

Edit: Tried restarting and it appears to be working again but something is definitely wonky. Might have to do with Last.fm scrobbling. Any chance that those two dont play nice together?

Mine has the exact same problem as OP

does anyone have a solution to this. Seemed to happen once i downloaded 2.2

edit/update: reboot seems to have solved

Same problem here. Got my DX new yesterday and it was playing all my music fine. Got the 2.2 update and music still played fine. This morning I started playing a song and paused it halfway through. later I tried to resume the same song that was playing earlier and it wont play. 14GB worth of MP3's and they all give the unsupported format error.

No mixzing or last fm or anything, just the stock player.

Same problem here. Got my DX new yesterday and it was playing all my music fine. Got the 2.2 update and music still played fine. This morning I started playing a song and paused it halfway through. later I tried to resume the same song that was playing earlier and it wont play. 14GB worth of MP3's and they all give the unsupported format error.

Did you try rebooting like the previous poster did?

Did you try rebooting like the previous poster did?

Yes, reboot fixes it. I really hope this is not going to be a daily thing...

Definitely a 2.2 problem.
All videos and all my music files (anything with Audio it appears) will stop working giving the "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file" message. Rebooting will fix it...but honestly i'm having to reboot every day for this and it does get quite annoying. Even more so...i have custom ringtones setup for my more frequently talked to contacts and those won't work either until after a reboot.
So from what i can see anything and everything involving audio on my phone was hit with a hammer from 2.2

That sounds about right. I have to reboot about once a day now. this morning my alarm didn't even sound as I have a custom ringtone, luckily this phone's vibrate is really loud... this better get fixed quick!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Same here. Need to reboot to fix the music, the ringtone it it's a song, and today I had to reboot to get the camcorder to work. Not sure if the camcorder problem is related, thought maybe it has more to do with the micro sd card?

Anyway, yes, rebooting fixes it every time.

This happened to me. I first noticed non of my custom ringtones were working on RingDroid, so I decided to look at the files itself in the music player. While on the music player it gave me the same error you were talking about; "does not support file type". I was like WTF and I went into rockplayer and it was able to play it, but it gave incorrect track times. For example it showed a song that was under 3 minutes long as 30 minutes lol.

I just took the battery out of my phone and everything was back to normal.

to the post above, I had a problem with my camera not saving the pictures. rebooting always fixes the problem(take batt out).

Started using cubed as my media player and haven't bad any issues for a few days now
I wish I could get rid of the stock player though because itk automatically starts when I switch to bluetooth media in my car

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

My X is part of my car stereo - it is my mp3 player. I use it every day.

I've not had any music issues (or any issues, though it isn't active and I only use the mp3 at the moment) since the 2.2 upgrade.
But I've only used "Cubed" music player. So it sounds like this is a stock player bug - which is fine, 'cause I have no idea how people even use the default player. That thing is just junk.

My X is part of my car stereo - it is my mp3 player. I use it every day.

I've not had any music issues (or any issues, though it isn't active and I only use the mp3 at the moment) since the 2.2 upgrade.
But I've only used "Cubed" music player. So it sounds like this is a stock player bug - which is fine, 'cause I have no idea how people even use the default player. That thing is just junk.

Not just a stock player bug. My mp3s wouldn't work in doubletwist or rockplayer, nor would videos. Pandora wouldn't even play. (I haven't bothered to check the camera)

Back