Music/Ringtones/other on your SD card?

dpixel8

Reaction score
Just curious what all can go on the SD card as well as what can be accessed. I know that apps cannot be (unless I am mistaken). But I have a microSD card USB reader and would like to upload onto it some MP3's as well as ringtones that I have created. Is this possible? Will the folders show up if I mount it to my computer (mac)?

Thanks much

Just plug your phone into your comp, select the drop down notifications bar and choose mount. Any music, image, movie etc that the Droid can handle will be recognized when you dissconnect the phone. Yes you can even create your own folders. When you select mount you can drag and drop files both to and from the phone. This should work the same on your Mac. At least I dont see why it wouldn't.

FYI - If you want to set something as ringtone it has to be in a folder called ringtones. Similarly, if you want to set something as a notification tone it should be in a folder called notifications.

Mounted it up and only have these folders:

DCIM
download
google_maps_navigation
LOST.DIR
twc-cache

So do I make those new directories (ringtones and notifications) in the root?

yeah, my SD card isn't showing up when I mount it. what am I doing wrong?

That is your SD card you are looking at. I believe you can create the folders anywhere but I created mine in the DCIM folder which is also where your pictures are stored when taken with the camera.

That is your SD card you are looking at. I believe you can create the folders anywhere but I created mine in the DCIM folder which is also where your pictures are stored when taken with the camera.

ahhhh. got it. thanks!

Back