MW3 fans threaten global blackout over "broken promises""we will not be denied" 4/20

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
[h=1]MW3 fans threaten global blackout over "broken promises": "we will not be denied"[/h] [h=2]Want lag compensation, akimbo pistol nerf, other stuff[/h] One fan protest winds down, another fan protest winds up. Or at least, attempts to. A group of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 players are calling for a "global blackout" on 20th April to punish Infinity Ward and Activision for a perceived lack of support.
Both console and PC players are invited. The organisers have made a number of demands on Activision, including but not limited to:
- Fix the spawn system
- Lag compensation
- Nerf the akimbo machine pistols
- Remove deathstreaks
- Remove Assault streaks from the Support package
- Add individual volume controls in the audio menu
- Add more Hardcore game modes
- Add better Call of Duty: Elite playlist options
"We were sold the game based on broken promises. It's now time for them to make good on their mistake," intones a video created to support the blackout.
"We are Call of Duty," it adds, ominously. "We are the community. We will not be denied."
As of the time of writing, the MW3 Blackout Twitter group has 120 followers. We'll keep an eye on that.

[video=youtube;sAozpepj8hw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sAozpepj8hw[/video]

Come on MW3 PLAYERS SOUND OFF AN REMEMBER NO MW3 ON 4/20

Sent from my Triumph using DroidForums

Whoa whoa, so when I get baked on 4/20 I can't game mw3 on 360?!?? I'll admit the akimbo machine pistols, especially that first one the fmg I think its called, that's the only one I've noticed that's outta control. Nobody uses like akimbo skorpions haha. I only usually play dropzone so I don't know how spawning is outta whack in other game modes. I'll have to consult with some fellow gamers. But I do not support companies who promise things then don't deliver. That's wrong. I stand for What is right.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

Call me naive, but what's a bunch of people not consuming Infinity Ward's server resources for ONE day going to do to them?.. after a week of protest they might shut down some extra suffers and save on electric bills but how would this hurt them?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Call me naive, but what's a bunch of people not consuming Infinity Ward's server resources for ONE day going to do to them?.. after a week of protest they might shut down some extra suffers and save on electric bills but how would this hurt them?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Because they get paid by Microsoft for online play time it will hit them in there pocket

Sent from my Triumph using DroidForums

No problem doing that at all I wonder if they will give me 60 bucks back for it then too. Bf3 > mw3

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

What is not playing their game going to do?
They got your money already, its not like the make money the more you play...

Just glad I play BF3...

----posted maxx'ed out----

What is not playing their game going to do?
They got your money already, its not like the make money the more you play...

Just glad I play BF3...

They Get Paid by Microsoft the more you play IDK what they get or how much but they geta bonus for more time played on ....Plus it makes a statement for there next game

Well then boycott them until 4 comes out...

Well I agree with every one of their reasons for the protest, that's for sure.

Wahhhhhhh.......

WahhhHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

Unbelievable.... Play something else

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

This all seems ridiculous, but MW3 is so much better than BF3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Back