My micro sd card died with all my apps on it

pego99

Reaction score
The card will not format or read in the phone or in a PC. The app tray still has all the apps showing but they are not there because they were on the card. If I get a new card and install it how do I get the market to download all the apps again? Please help. TIA.

I'd try to uninstall then reinstall.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Uninstall the card? When I start the phone after a battery pull it says the card is blank. It won't format the card either.

Get a new card try a factory data wipe. Market should then reinstall spps

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

First you need to "unmount the SD card", then you can format it.

if you do a factory reset, once you sign in again, all your apps should re-download to the phone.

i HIGHLY suggest you keep them on the internal memory. there is no need to move apps to SD unless you are run out of space on internal memory...and i highly doubt that will ever happen with this phone. moto gave us 8GB of storage for apps, i have like 150+ apps and i have only used like 2gb data. so unless you are app crazy and are ACTUALLY using 8GB worth, there is no need to move them to the SD. they will actually work faster if you have them on internal storage.

if you do a factory reset, once you sign in again, all your apps should re-download to the phone.

i HIGHLY suggest you keep them on the internal memory. there is no need to move apps to SD unless you are run out of space on internal memory...and i highly doubt that will ever happen with this phone. moto gave us 8GB of storage for apps, i have like 150+ apps and i have only used like 2gb data. so unless you are app crazy and are ACTUALLY using 8GB worth, there is no need to move them to the SD. they will actually work faster if you have them on internal storage.

Good point. If he had the droid 1 on the other hand like me, he would only be able to hold about 10 apps on the phone.

Not sure if this helps at all, but I bought my Droid X in November 2010, and in February 2011 my SD card did the same thing. I couldn't format it, it was blank, etc. It just died. Luckily Verizon Store replaced it for free...

Back