My phone call w/ Verizon just now.

Coots

Reaction score
Alright, you don't know me from a hill of beans, but that's just something you'll have to deal with.

I called my local Verizon store, I'm in Northeast Alabama. I don't know the difference between a VZW Corporate store and one that isn't, mine is under a different name so I figured it isn't. So... whatever....

When I read p3droids retweet earlier I figured, what the heck, I'll call and see what they say. I live in a small town so I figured they wouldn't even know about the phone.... again... anyway.

Lissa answers the phone "Cellular center may I help you?"
Me "I just read online that the nexus would be released tomorrow, do you know if you guys will have it and if I can come by tomorrow and pick one up?"
Lissa "Ummm, one second please...."

I heard her talking to someone in the background, couldn't make it out.

"Yes, the Nexus is suppose to release tomorrow, but we may not have them in stock, the best thing to do is call tomorrow around 11 and see if we have any"

So there, take it for what it's worth, or what you want. Again, I know you don't know me from Adam, but that's what just happened so. *shrug*

Sounds like they are an authorized third party retailer

X

Just called 611 they said next thursday-up to the beginning of January.:frown: Also none of the stores in San Diego Cali have a release date.:frown:

All of this is just like the 8th, 9th etc. As far as stores know, corporate and authorized retailers, tomorrow may be the target date but all of that can change by the end of today all the way up to opening time tomorrow.

Called 3 stores in MD.
1. "Hold on, No launch date"
2. "We have no idea for a release date"
3. "We thought it would be this week but no notice of a sell date"

It's not launching tomorrow.

They have all of these anxious people right where they want them.. drooling with money in hand. If we each had a nickel for every rumored release date announced we could buy google verizon and samsung and release the phone ourselves. This phone is not launching tomorrow id bet anything on that. Sorry folks.. peace im outty..

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

I feel like the issue with calling some stores is, the employees probably are not technically supposed to tell customers any information about it. Hence why a lot of stores say they don't know anything. Then, some employees figure, maybe if I tell this customer something and they come in I can make the sale and get commission.

So, maybe some employees follow the rules better than others? :icon_ devil: Just a guess though!

I feel like the issue with calling some stores is, the employees probably are not technically supposed to tell customers any information about it. Hence why a lot of stores say they don't know anything. Then, some employees figure, maybe if I tell this customer something and they come in I can make the sale and get commission.

So, maybe some employees follow the rules better than others? :icon_ devil: Just a guess though!

Could be. Both of my local Verizon corporate stores told me that they have the demo unit that they have been playing with, but no units to sell yet. I even asked a question and the sales person went back to check the demo unit and came back and answered me, but he said that I couldn't see it.

Verizon stores have them. They were stocked with them last week. They just don't like to talk about having them.

My local store reps say, "If in theory we had these, we can tell you that theoretically they are awesome, and are the snappiest phones we've used to date."

I was told by a corp Verizon store employee that he'd sit one aside for me and I could come get it tomorrow

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Just called 611 they said next thursday-up to the beginning of January.:frown: Also none of the stores in San Diego Cali have a release date.:frown:

I called 611 as well and you know what the tech support guys said........"How did you know that? I just found out today." :D

Me: "Hello, what time are you guys going to start selling the Galaxy Nexus tomorrow?"
VW Store: "Uh, I assume as soon as we open up."
Me: "Oh ok, thanks!"

VW Corporate store in WA.

Back