My RAZR connection problems

Moridan

Reaction score
I read through these forums and got some useful information like the "restart connection" app, but that really isnt an acceptable long term solution.

So... here we go. Just got the RZR and love it so far. The biggest problem is <surprise> data connections. I thought that this could be set up so that when I am home it would use my wi-fi for all of its data needs. So I set this up in the Smart Actions, so that when I am at home it disables cellular data. But then all of my data apps wont work. I can still call and text but no data using apps. I just launched the browser and it took 30 seconds just to bring up the home page. Is there a way to actually set this up in this manner, or do I have to use my 3G/4G all the time regardless?

In playing with it some more, I launched netflix and it came up but it dropped my wi-fi and used 3g/4g. And the NFL mobile is extremely flakey.

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sounds like your Wi-Fi connection is not truly connecting.
First, reboot your router and see if that solves it.
If not, can you access your wireless router from a computer?
If so, login into your router, usually http://192.168.1.1, and follow your router instructions to see your wireless connections.
If you see the ip of your phone, try rebooting your phone.
If you don't see your ip you likely have WEP setup and need to ensure the passwords match.

Connection woes continue.

My home wi-fi has stabelized, sort of. I usually have a solid connection but then sometimes even when I am in the middle of using it.

Then when I was at work today, I couldnt get any data connections. I was on a big military installation so I know there had to be some services, but I couldnt use the Market, the weather app, anything. I have the phone set to use my wi-fi at home and disable celuar data service. Should I not do that? Would that keep me from connecting to any data like what's happening?

Thanks again for your help.

If you had the services turned off on cellular and no wi-fi signal then that would be a problem.

I have a good wi-fi signal, and a good cellular signal, but usually neither of them are "blue", at home. When on the road, it picks up other wi-fi devices when I have good cellular signal but again, its not "blue" and my data doesnt work.

Back