Nandroid BU...but...

the5barrons

Reaction score
Ok, so I did a nandroid back up via DX Bootstrapper...does this mean I don't need to have a backup schedule on Titanium Backup anymore?

I still would simply bc if you have to change roms and wipe ur backup wont do anything

Sent from my phone... which happens to be a Droid X

Ok cool than both it is. Also, when doing the Nandroid backup, I had heard that it should be done with the SD card out of the DX. Is that true? I did my back up with it installed and it seemed to take quite a while...almost 7 GB of music, etc.

I believe the Nandroid backup is stored on your SD card, so taking it out won't work. :) It shouldn't backup your music on the SD card - just the data on your phone.

I still would simply bc if you have to change roms and wipe ur backup wont do anything

I don't quite understand this...I made a backup, and to install another rom I had to format system, data, and cache. I didn't quite like how the new one ran, so I restored my backup. All my apps came back and all that good stuff.

I don't quite understand this...I made a backup, and to install another rom I had to format system, data, and cache. I didn't quite like how the new one ran, so I restored my backup. All my apps came back and all that good stuff.

well if u woulda kept the new one u woulda lost everything. TB lets u restore apps and data on new roms

I did another nandroid backup, this time its with all the bloat gone. I see on my sdcard that the backup is named with the date and time. Can I keep both and just chose which one to use if I ever need it?

I did another nandroid backup, this time its with all the bloat gone. I see on my sdcard that the backup is named with the date and time. Can I keep both and just chose which one to use if I ever need it?

yea u can keep both but just wipe before restoring a backup

well if u woulda kept the new one u woulda lost everything. TB lets u restore apps and data on new roms

Ah yeah got ya

Do you happen to know what would happen if you don't? I restored without wiping and so far so good but what are some of the symptoms?

usually freezing and force closing of the system. stuff u dont wanna deal with.

its always better to wipe both so u dont have any conflicting file issues. like framework and what not.

I'm only asking cause I'm teetering on installing a ROM like FlyX. I havent had a lot of time lately but I'm think ing about it. More and more though, I just don't believe I need to venture into that though. I'm really happy where my DX is. I like the way it looks and operates. No issues. I'm just trying to learn a little and if I happen to trash the place by experimenting with a ROM of clocking or something, I know what I can and can;t do.
Thanks Abe.

Back