Navigatiuon screen problem

Trever1t

Reaction score
When using Navigation I shut off the screen and in a few moments my screen starts flashing on and off in rapid succession. It's a definite bug and damn, I just bought the phone yesterday and haven't done much in the way of adding any apps.

Anyone else ever hear of this happening?

My wife and I both had this happen the first week we had the bionic. As you said, it happens when navigation is on and you shut off screen. It's very alarming. I can't imagine that this is Google's way of reminding the user that nav got left on...I just make sure to exit that before shutting off screen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OK well I use NAV alot and I shut the screen off and just listen to the voice directions to conserve battery. I use it on my bike too so looking at the screen isn't possible. So you didn't find the cause or file issue with Verizon?

Also, I am unable to get to the home screen by hitting the home button in NAV after it starts doing this.

Any others experience this? I'm going to Verizon today for exchange. Hopefully I don't experience other issues.

When in cardock mode I think you hit the back button to get to the home screen and then the home button to get back to the dock screen. There are some options in the pulldown.

The problem is not "car dock" mode.

Start your navigation program > turn off the screen> screen flickers off and on rapidly after a few minutes.

What I've determined is that the nav screen is attempting to override the screen off and there's some sort of conflict.

I got a new phone from Verizon yesterday and it has the same behavior. This morning I started Nav > went back to my home screen > and no more problem, although a quick check of the map would take touching the navigation icon in the notification bar. At this point I don't care. When in the car I can use my charger and leave the screen on, when on my motorcycle I can just go to the home screen and turn off the screen.

Kinda surprised that 2 phones I got do the same thing yet nobody (well one user) is complaining of this issue.

Back