Need Help ASAP

Reaction score
Ok well im having a hell of a time with this rooting process. I first downloaded htc sync, then the tbolt files, then the downgrade files, and last the upgrade files. I installed htc sync, I unzipped the tbolt folder and put it into my c:\ drive. I then put the downgrade file on my sd card. I went to htc sync and then on my phone I tried htc sync setting, charge only, and disk mount. None of them worked. Htc Sync wont detect my phone. What am I doing wrong? I even tried going to the command prompt and just starting the process without htc sync and it says devices attached but doesnt list what is attatched. What do I do? Im getting really frusterated and I want this phone rooted. I have spent way to much time on trying to figure this stupid thing out.

Also if I just goto the auto root version do I even need htc sync?

HTC sync for some reason didn't work for me either. Search for a guide to install the drivers manually on your computer. If j wasn't busy i would provide a link for you but yeah. I used a program called "adb for dummies" to set up adb, and I found a YouTube video that showed me where to put the codes in adb to make it work.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk!

Well I found the first video here... [video=youtube;oKPSe12YDxQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKPSe12YDxQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Good luck.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk!

Back