NEED HELP - booting to M - no further

Reaction score
It looks like that update.zip removes odex files.
Code:
The update-script does the right thing, except it runs 
show_progress 0.5 0
[B]run_program PACKAGE:remtool.sh[/B]
copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:
show_progress 0.5 10

Here is [B]remtool.sh[/B]
 #!/sbin/sh
 #
 # Cleanup .odex files before theme-ing!
 #
 ###############################################################################

mount /system;

rm -rf /system/app/*.odex;
 rm -rf /system/framework/*.odex;
exit 0;

What rom where you running before? I think we can get you back without reseting.

Last edited:
I do have a backup I did when I got bootstrap

I seen the custom boot animation and thought it would be cool to do next -

trying to take things slow and learn as I go -

I have no roms installed -

stock 2.2
rooted
modified build.prop for resolution
launcher pro

thats all i have done to it so far

Wait for another answer!!, but if it was my phone, I would copy 928Droid's backtostock .zip(http://928droid.com/ThemeFiles/DroidX/22 Odexed/928Droid-BackToStock-DroidX22-OTA-Odexed.zip) to my sdcard, and use clockwork to install that. THe odex files are now missing, someone familiar with update.zip scripting could place those into an update.zip to restore them. I THINK I could do it, but I have never done it, and I will not let you be my tester =P.

Last edited:
thanks Daali - appreciate the replies ...

Since no one else has answered you brother, I would go ahead and load up 928Droid's backtostockodex.zip from Clockwork. That will fix /system and /system/framework back to OTA 2.2 without wiping any of your stuff.

Sorry about the broken updater, I was un-aware of that function in there. I got the update script for it from a update somebody made. Ill throw a disclaimer in there soon, then go pull the updates.

Since no one else has answered you brother, I would go ahead and load up 928Droid's backtostockodex.zip from Clockwork. That will fix /system and /system/framework back to OTA 2.2 without wiping any of your stuff.

I was stock 2.2 - got the phone at 2.2 - does that matter ?

I applied my backup - couple days old so I lost a few texts - no big deal but its back up running again...

Thanks guys !

Last edited:

I was stock 2.2 - got the phone at 2.2 - does that matter ?

I applied my backup - couple days old so I lost a few texts - no big deal but its back up running again...

Thanks guys !

Nah, you would have been fine. Glad you got it back up!

Glad to hear your backup worked. ill look into the update script, and try to push the animations back out. I was on a time crunch, so I just deleted everything off megaupload, and i only have like 3 copies on my computer, so I will need to re make, or get them off people who downloaded.

Hey Daali, if i were to open up the remtool.sh, and make the code just be

#!/sbin/sh;exit 0;

Erasing all the nonsense about removing .odex files, it will not remove the .odex files right?

I just tested the updated script with that text, and it changed the animation, and worked fine, but since im already deodexed, im not 100% sure if it is safe for stock rooted phones.

Allot of things aren't right since the backup restore ....

Do I need to be unrooted and all apps unfroze to run factory reset?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

My DROID beat-up your iphone

Back