new from the stone age

DALAZ_68

Reaction score
hi guys...names Steve...

i picked up my Droid 2 from pre order on thursday night and got it last monday...

i originally had an Xv6800 for three yrs...and though i loved it (even with the size and speed) it finally started dying on me...buttons stopped working...etc

3 yrs was a great run...so i figured...update time...

the original Droid didnt intrest me...im a Qwerty fanatic (Xv6700, Xv6800) and the OG design made me gag...(gold pad)...so when i saw the D2, i knew it was right, and i got it...

are there any apps anyone would care to share ...

my phones main purpose is Surfing the net, txting, navi, and calls...

current apps Dl'ed
Movies app
MP3 download
ringdroid
advance task killer
bump
bank of america
pandora
food finder

any suggestions would help

im mainly trying to figure out

-were to dl back rounds
-is there an app that changes audio into typed words for txting?
-slider sound option?
-any good car docks (non window) for a 240 nissan that has a flush center console area?

thanks you...

Welcome! You are going to have lots of fun with your new Droid. It is a great phone and very capable of preforming the tasks you listed.

I have a rooted Droid. I use the stock browser (Dolphin or Opera are good). Handcent is my texting app. The navigation and phone are stock. The navigation is fantastic. My RX350 has a built in navigation system but we prefer the Droid's.

There is a Applications section in the Forum that you may find helpful.

Enjoy,
Mke

Launcher Pro if you want to jam more stuff on every screen or have more screens or use custom icons. The rest of my apps in sig.

Back