New Galaxy S3 Paper weight

pbarch1

Reaction score
Well after waiting for more than 3 months, several days ago I finally rooted my phone. Backed it up, installed CWM and EZ proceeded to downloaded the latest CM10 nightly only to get a triangle warning to take my phone the the nearest Verizon dealer, That um-authorized software had been installed on my phone.
I think it's hopeless, any ideas?
Thanks

Have you tried restoring the phone back to stock?

Forgive me if this is an obvious or dumb question, but I gotta ask... you did run ez unlock (not ez recovery) and unlock the bootloader right? B/c that sounds like an error related to the bootloader still being locked.

If the bootloader is still locked, I believe you should still be able to get into download/odin mode (home + volume-down + power) and flash the factory image through Odin.

Mornin' J :) Wanna chat until he comes back? :tongue:

I traded it for an S3 - gotta have a better camera :)

It really came down to the camera - the older my 3 kids get, the more important that becomes.

I'm in a strong 4G area, so reception isn't an issue (since Moto supposedly is better in that area). Obviously they're two completely different experiences - both from a hardware and software standpoint. But the S3 has so much dev support thanks to the unlocked BL, I can make the software do whatever I want.

As nice as the battery life was, it's not bad on the S3 (I can get a day no problem), plus I have a backup battery/charger if absolutely needed. Honestly the S3 is more pocketable and more ergonomic, but doesn't feel like a solid tank either.

So all in all, lots of unimportant (to me! :)) differences aside, it came down to the camera. Plus it should be about as future-proof as they come with 2gb of ram.

pbarch1 said:
Well after waiting for more than 3 months, several days ago I finally rooted my phone. Backed it up, installed CWM and EZ proceeded to downloaded the latest CM10 nightly only to get a triangle warning to take my phone the the nearest Verizon dealer, That um-authorized software had been installed on my phone.
I think it's hopeless, any ideas?
Thanks

Your not bricked. Same thing happened to me last month after I accidentally relocked my bootloader on a pre rooted stock rom. You need to get in Odin mode as suggested and Odin back to stock.

Thanks for all he input....
I have tried to flash back to stock, I get the same message: "your device has software not recognized by Verizon wireless please power down your device and visit your nearest Verizon wireless store"
I will keep trying

pbarch1 said:
Thanks for all he input....
I have tried to flash back to stock, I get the same message: "your device has software not recognized by Verizon wireless please power down your device and visit your nearest Verizon wireless store"
I will keep trying

Did it pass through odin? Also, are you sure you flashed a stock unrooted verizon GS3 file?

Did it pass through odin? Also, are you sure you flashed a stock unrooted verizon GS3 file?[/QUOTE

It did finally pass through Odin. I had tried to go back to stock with a a file that I had DL'ed a few days ago, apparently that was the problem, I downloaded a new stock image and bingo.... all is good.
Again, thanks for all the help.

Back