New member. Loving my Droid 2

paulaSG

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have had my Droid 2 for less than a week now. LOVE IT! The first few days were a major learning curve, coming from EnV 2. But I stuck with it and read lots of information on here and other places. For days I don't think I put it down except to sleep...LOL I was thinking this phone was smarter than me, and was a little intimidated, but now I think it's just fun. (this coming from a retired teacher...says a lot)

I am heading over to post a question on the other thread. Hope someone can enlighten me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nervous Breakdown

I just picked up my Droid X about a week ago and have had several interesting experiences so far. I was not happy with the sound of the speaker on the phone so I took it in to my local Verizon shop and they looked at it and re-set it and turned off some service for voice levels. I left a happy camper and went to lunch. After Lunch again I said LUNCH I went to my car and was surprised to see that the entire afternoon had disappeared and it was now 5:00. I turned on my trusty radio in my truck and came up with 2:00. So back to the Verizon Shop. When I went in I told the greater that there was a small problem with my phone and asked for some help. She looked at it and got me in line for help. While I was waiting for help I gave it a closer look and my Droid had decided it was a time machine. The darn thing showed December 31 1969 and it was 3 time zones off. For some reason it would not reset and it had to be manually reset. It has been behaving OK since until last night when it froze and would not open shut or even shutdown. So I just plugged it in and let it stew overnight. This morning after I unplugged it the darn thing shut down and started up on its own. At this point I am getting a bit concerned about the reliability of this unit and I am not sure what to do.

Hi everyone,
I have had my Droid 2 for less than a week now. LOVE IT! The first few days were a major learning curve, coming from EnV 2. But I stuck with it and read lots of information on here and other places. For days I don't think I put it down except to sleep...LOL I was thinking this phone was smarter than me, and was a little intimidated, but now I think it's just fun. (this coming from a retired teacher...says a lot)

I am heading over to post a question on the other thread. Hope someone can enlighten me.
Welcome Paula! Good to have you with us. Yes, these devices are very addictive. Enjoy!

Mike

I just picked up my Droid X about a week ago and have had several interesting experiences so far. I was not happy with the sound of the speaker on the phone so I took it in to my local Verizon shop and they looked at it and re-set it and turned off some service for voice levels. I left a happy camper and went to lunch. After Lunch again I said LUNCH I went to my car and was surprised to see that the entire afternoon had disappeared and it was now 5:00. I turned on my trusty radio in my truck and came up with 2:00. So back to the Verizon Shop. When I went in I told the greater that there was a small problem with my phone and asked for some help. She looked at it and got me in line for help. While I was waiting for help I gave it a closer look and my Droid had decided it was a time machine. The darn thing showed December 31 1969 and it was 3 time zones off. For some reason it would not reset and it had to be manually reset. It has been behaving OK since until last night when it froze and would not open shut or even shutdown. So I just plugged it in and let it stew overnight. This morning after I unplugged it the darn thing shut down and started up on its own. At this point I am getting a bit concerned about the reliability of this unit and I am not sure what to do.

Welcome! Sorry that you are having so many issues with your X. In view of what you reported, I believe you should go back to VZW and ask for a replacement.

Mike

New Droidee

I have had several phones and the Droid X seems to be the better by far. Some issues when the darn thing set it's time and date to the past December 31 1969 and would not automaticaly re set itself. So I had to do it. Then it froze overnight and started up the next day. Strange but I will see how the next few days go before I get really bent out of shape.
Screen and all is much better than my I Touch. But I miss the ease of podcasts. That is something someone needs to make an app for to work with I tunes.

Bob

Took your advice and went back to Verizon. It's bad when they remember you by name but I guess it shows that they care about issues. Well the young Lady that sold me the Phone, took a listen to it along with the other issues I mentioned and said that it sounded quite different than the other Droids that she had set up during the day and that she would order a replacement that should be shipped in 48 hours. Well 48 have gone and some without any word. In fact I called and asked about it and got the it is ordered but not being delivered yet.

The feel of the phone is sort of like a Soviet 35 mm camera from 1960 or 70. Made to feel and hold up like tanks.

Back