dmayne99

Reaction score
Hi - I feel like I'm venturing into rival territory here. I've been an ATT (Cingular) customer for about 10 years. I currently use a Blackberry Curve but I'm not happy with the slowness of the ATT network. I'm seriously thinking about moving to Verizon and definitely trying something with Android software. I'm fairly techy and I'm leaning towards a Droid X. My fingers aren't the smallest but I think I can adapt to a virtual keyboard. I like the large screen of the Droid X and I'd like to be able to see it clearly outside in the sun. I've read some uncomplimentary things about Verizon's customer service.

I'd appreciate any advice anyone might care to offer. I primarily use my BB for email, texting a calls. Use google some but it's very slow so I might use it more if I was on a faster network.

Thanks

welcome to the forum! IMO I wouldn't leave VZW. I've been with them since forever, the coverage is better, less dropped calls. as far as customer service, in all honesty they are no diff than any other carrier out there. many knows their products, many don't. its hard I think for any customer rep regardless of carrier to help solve a problem via phone call when its blind leading the blind. and yes the rates aren't IMO all that fair but then again it is a competition and with new technology we as customers are demanding better quality with better options.
as far as the DX go for it. its a great device. its bigger than most phones and def if u have large fingers u may want this. I have the Global which has both keyboard and touch, best of both worlds. way ur options, shop around, but I say make the jump over to VZW but do expect pros and cons.
please visit our sister forum Android.net they have many android phones from diff carriers. Good Luck!!

Swype with an Aloha from Hawaii

Back