New Phone = New Accessories

kcook323

Reaction score
With my original Droid I had a car charger, windshield mount, and docking station. I'm indecisive on what I want now for my new phone. I'm so bad at making decisions. I got the purple silicon case when I ordered my phone. I could kick myself for not getting screen protectors and a car charger. I like the idea of the Otterbox, but just wish they had more color choices besides black.

What do you have or are you planning on getting for your phone?

Kendra

I have a checkerboard gel case. They come in a lot of difference colors. Got it at the Mesa, Az flea market for 8 bucks. 4.95 for a screen protector. I think Amazon has the cases. Chris

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

With my original Droid I had a car charger, windshield mount, and docking station. I'm indecisive on what I want now for my new phone. I'm so bad at making decisions. I got the purple silicon case when I ordered my phone. I could kick myself for not getting screen protectors and a car charger. I like the idea of the Otterbox, but just wish they had more color choices besides black.

What do you have or are you planning on getting for your phone?

Kendra

The car charger from your OG Droid should work on your Rezound. It looks different from your HTC plug but will work.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I got the silicone case with my Rezound and it works great. It won't slide out of my hand and I haven't dropped the phone yet in five months. As far as a "car dock", I'd suggest just getting a generic holder that squeezes the phone at the sides, being sure that the charging port is clear. You can put the phone most anywhere in the vehicle, it does not have to be against the windshield to get a good GPS signal for providing directions.

The car "dock" that I have slots into my now defunct CD player and holds on for dear life. I love the thing.

I don't have a Rezound, but I recommend just getting a universal car mount. That way you save yourself some money whenever you upgrade. Also, I suggest getting a charge-only USB cable and a cigarette-lighter USB charge port that puts out like 1A. That way your phone charges like it's on an AC adapter instead of the slower, less powerful USB charge.

The car charger from your OG Droid should work on your Rezound. It looks different from your HTC plug but will work.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! I never even thought to check. My home charger works as well, so I can at least put that money into a car mount/or dock.

I don't have a Rezound, but I recommend just getting a universal car mount. That way you save yourself some money whenever you upgrade. Also, I suggest getting a charge-only USB cable and a cigarette-lighter USB charge port that puts out like 1A. That way your phone charges like it's on an AC adapter instead of the slower, less powerful USB charge.

Do you have a link to something like this? I'm wondering if that is what I have now? My Droid charger plugs into the "cigarette lighter" port (hehe, isn't that funny? I haven't thought about those ports being called that in years!).

I have been looking at Universal Mounts. I found two at Walmart, one is a windshield mount, and the other is a vent mount.

Kendra

This is the mount I have: Ppyple Smartphone Car Dashboard Mount | Overstock.com
The base is sticky and can either suction cup mount to the windshield or your dashboard. I have mine on the windshield and it's very solid.

The charge-only USB cable: Amazon.com: Naztech Micro USB Charging Cable - BlackBerry, Cal-Comp, HTC, LG, Samsung, Nokia, and Sony Ericsson: Cell Phones & Accessories
It's like 4 feet long so it can reach most places in your car.

USB charging adapter: Amazon.com: Griffin Powerjolt Dual Universal USB Micro: MP3 Players & Accessories
It's a low profile one, so it won't stick out half a mile from your port, plus it can charge two devices at once. I bought two of the charge cables in case a passenger wants to charge too.

You would definitely be able to use your Droid's car charger with the Rezound. I can't remember what kind of power it puts out - when you connect it to your Rezound does it say USB or AC charging in your battery stats?

This is the mount I have: Ppyple Smartphone Car Dashboard Mount | Overstock.com
The base is sticky and can either suction cup mount to the windshield or your dashboard. I have mine on the windshield and it's very solid.

The charge-only USB cable: Amazon.com: Naztech Micro USB Charging Cable - BlackBerry, Cal-Comp, HTC, LG, Samsung, Nokia, and Sony Ericsson: Cell Phones & Accessories
It's like 4 feet long so it can reach most places in your car.

USB charging adapter: Amazon.com: Griffin Powerjolt Dual Universal USB Micro: MP3 Players & Accessories
It's a low profile one, so it won't stick out half a mile from your port, plus it can charge two devices at once. I bought two of the charge cables in case a passenger wants to charge too.

I bought one of those Griffin chargers and it didn't work. Heck, I couldn't even tell it had made all the contacts(no indicator light)

You should be able to see feedback on the phone that it is plugged in.

Also, I highly suggest this site for anything cable related. Cheap as nails and quality is great.

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

Specifically micro USB cables:

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

Keep in mind though, that I believe those micro USB cables are data enabled. That means that they'll charge the phone as USB, not AC. A charge only cable (one that doesn't do data transfer) will charge your phone faster, which is good if you're in the car using 4G + music or navigation with the screen on.

Keep in mind though, that I believe those micro USB cables are data enabled. That means that they'll charge the phone as USB, not AC. A charge only cable (one that doesn't do data transfer) will charge your phone faster, which is good if you're in the car using 4G + music or navigation with the screen on.

Fair enough, I guess I am used to my FFC option on my Galaxy Nexus which does that for me.

I'd much rather do it this way then have some cables that are charging only and some that aren't. You know you're going to grab one some day thinking it does data and it doesn't.

I believe it more the source you are plugged into with the USB cable than the cable. The OEM mini USB to USB is a data enabled cable that also charges the phone. If you use that cable to charge from a source other then the OEM AC to USB wall wart, you become dependent on the current ability of the device. USB ports on laptops are current limited to preserve the laptop's battery and not the best charging source along with cheap AC or 12v to USB charging adapters. I use a 4' USB extension that I use sometimes so that I can charge and use the phone at the same. I know it would be better to get an AC extension cord. Chris

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Back