New Samsung Galaxy Note 6 Rumors

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-6-concept-art.jpg

We know we have a ton of fans of the Samsung Galaxy Note series, so we are happy to have found some new intel for you regarding the next generation of the device: the Galaxy Note 6. Here's what our unnamed, industry-insider source had to share with us:
  • July or early August 2016 Release Date possibility (which is a bit earlier than previous generation Note devices)
  • A Qualcomm Snapdragon 823 Processor - this is the first we have heard of this one. It suggests that Qualcomm has a slightly improved version of their 820 SoC. What differences will it have? Perhaps faster clock speeds and more...
  • Possibly as much as 6GB of RAM (mostly for bragging rights)
  • The usual 32GB, 64GB or 128GB options for storage (possibly even a high-end 256GB version in some markets)
  • Larger 5.8-inch Quad HD display using Samsung's Super AMOLED tech.
  • The same 12MP camera found in the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (probably not too surprising) - including 1.4-micron pixels and a pretty wide f/1.7aperture
  • The same IP68 water resistance and the same microSD slot found in the S7
  • Possibly a foldable S Pen that doubles as a stand.
Aesthetically, we haven't seen any hints of a leak for pics of the device; however, we don't expect it to have a dramatic departure in overall design characteristics. That's about all we have to report at this time. Feel free to speculate as to which of these tidbits seems plausible to you.

For further discussion regarding the Samsung Galaxy Note 6, here's our dedicated section: Samsung Galaxy Note 6

Last edited:
5.8 inch screen?

I'll pass, I just traded in my 5.96 inch Nexus 6 for a Note 5 because I wanted something a little smaller. Yeah I know Samsung has done a great job trimming down the bezels to make these big phones smaller, but good luck turning a 5.8 inch screen into something manageable when they are still rocking that home button.

Though this may not be for me I am sure there are plenty of people with their hands raised wanting one.

I take it the different storage sizes means no sd card slot? I'd consider trading up from my S7Edge if it had one.

I take it the different storage sizes means no sd card slot? I'd consider trading up from my S7Edge if it had one.
See second to last bullet point, notes an SD card same as S7.

Looks like a maybe to me... Little big..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5.8 inch screen?

I'll pass, I just traded in my 5.96 inch Nexus 6 for a Note 5 because I wanted something a little smaller. Yeah I know Samsung has done a great job trimming down the bezels to make these big phones smaller, but good luck turning a 5.8 inch screen into something manageable when they are still rocking that home button.

Though this may not be for me I am sure there are plenty of people with their hands raised wanting one.
The Note5 and Note4 have the same screen size but the 5 is smaller in physical size so if they add that other tenth of an inch without shrinking the side or top bezel to match the 6 will still be a smidge smaller than the Note4, which is leaps and bounds smaller feeling than the Note2 I've got with its 5.5" screen.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

6 GB of RAM?!?! Woah...
More bloatware ready to go I suppose.
Granted I love the S Pen related bloatware but Samsung is ridiculous with its repetitive ones. Do I really need a Samsung video player, music player, browser, vr manager, Gear manager (in this case yes) etc. instead of the ability to download Samsung specific what I want from their Galaxy store?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Last edited:
More bloatware ready to go I suppose.
Granted I love the S Pen related bloatware but Samsung is ridiculous with its repetitive ones. Do I really need a Samsung video player, music player, browser, vr manager, Gear manager (in this case yes) etc. instead of the ability to download Samsung specific what I want from their Galaxy store?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

The articles i've read is that they were trying to incorporate a handset docking station that would allow you to use it more as a laptop then as a phone. Pure speculation of course, but they were saying that is why they might need the extra RAM.

Aye.. Can't wait for this phone... Yes this phone has an sdcard slot!!

Of course it's all rumor but if any is true, I'll stick with the Galaxy S7 Edge that I have. The biggest turnoff for me is the 5.8". The Note 3 that I had previous to my S7 Edge was as big as I would ever want and now I'm spoiled because the 5.5" of the 7 feels really at home in my hand. So no more Notes for me since I only used the stylus on rare occasions anyway.

The Note5 and Note4 have the same screen size but the 5 is smaller in physical size so if they add that other tenth of an inch without shrinking the side or top bezel to match the 6 will still be a smidge smaller than the Note4, which is leaps and bounds smaller feeling than the Note2 I've got with its 5.5" screen.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
That's a good point. Yeah if they do that it will be leaps and bounds
The articles i've read is that they were trying to incorporate a handset docking station that would allow you to use it more as a laptop then as a phone. Pure speculation of course, but they were saying that is why they might need the extra RAM.
They tried this before with the note 2 I believe, or was that Motorola I'm thinking about?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

And there was a keyboard add on for the RAZR Maxx

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back