New to Android-common issues?

takingbackhenry

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new here and also new to Android, figured my first phone should be the most talked about so I got the nexus. Not sure if these are common issues so I apologize in advance if thats the case but I've noticed a few frustrations and just wanted to know if I'm alone or if their known and/or fixable.

-It restarts randomly. Not alot but about 4 times total since I got the phone a couple weeks ago.
-The grey and blue bars. I've researched this and the grey bars generally mean call features but not data, however I won't be in a call and randomly all I will get is the grey bars and no data for a decent amount of time.
-Pandora is very slow. My girlfriends Iphone 4 is instantaneous switching stations or skipping songs on verizon, mine can take a good minute to buffer.

Again sorry if this is old news, and thanks for any help/thoughts.

-Henry

These are not common Android problems. They are problems some are having with the Nexus. I suspect because it's a new OS but I may be wrong. I'm having similar issues and I never had these problems with other Android devices. I'm going to get a new Nexus tomorrow and see if it's just my phone. I'll report back with an update. Hope this helps.

Sounds like a phone issue, not an android issue. Have had my nexus since Day 1, and I haven't had any random reboots.
Call for support!

Welcome to the forums! :) You may want to try an exchange at least once to see if that helps.

I use to get reboots while using Pandora, uninstalled and re-installed. Works much better without re-boots but still buffers which it didn't use to. Not sure if this affects all Android phones or just ICS.

I had random reboots on all of my android devices. Currently with the Nexus it sometimes reboots when typing a URL or selecting a recipient in gmail.

I got a new Nexus today and it had the same problems. It didn't take long to discover the same issues. I went back to Verizon and returned it for an HTC Rezound. I'm happy to say, the Rezound has no problems. It runs faster, smoother and it gets better data reception and faster 4G download speeds. I don't want to bash the Nexus but I think it was released too soon. The Nexus isn't ready for prime-time.

Thats interesting samiusmc thanks for the reply. I actually went to the verizon store today and a tech person looked it up and said a fix for my issues was coming "mid-january" so I'm holding out. We'll see.

Back