New to DroidForums, not so much to Android

jjrone

Reaction score
Greetings all...

I'm new to the forums, but not so much to Android. I was finally forced to get a personal cell phone, as my employer started to crack down on personal calls and texting. I have had a Blackberry for 6 years or so, and absolutely hate it. So a year or so ago I got a Droid...the first model because I didn't want a iPhone. Fast forward to now, i'm facing 3 options with my early upgrade:

A. Droid X2 w/Gingerbread - $99.00 after $50 rebate
B. HTC Incredible2 w/ Gingerbread - $99.00 after $50 rebate
C. Droid Bionic - $299 (ouch)

Note: 4g is not yet available where I live, but I spend alot of time in area's that do (Annapolis, Baltimore, DC).

Can anyone steer me to the right forum so I can make an informed decision?

Thanks!

john

ALOHA welcome to the forum. in all honesty, it really depends on ur liking and feel for any of the devices. if its finance then i say go with the DInc 2. if its something u want as an awesome phone, then go with the Bionic. u can toggle between 3G and 4G so thats the good thing. if u have wifi at home, use it instead of 3G. good luck in ur findings.

Thanks...

Thanks for the reply Princess...I'm just inundated with information, and will most likely try to pick between the INC2 and DroidX2, as finance IS a big part of the equation. Do you know if it's just a personal preference between the two, or are there compelling reasons one would opt for either?

john

its more user preference. the DX 2 has a bigger screen but no difference to me anyway. have u tried them out in the store yet?

well when u think about it, the DX2 has dual core so u may wanna look into that instead. LOL im happy with any of them, it just depends what u wanna do with it after.

The VZW store I visited had the DX2, but not the INC2. I plan to visit another store tomorrow, and will give them all a quick feel. I don't know why, but i'm a little shy about getting the first version of the 4g, Bionic/Thunderbolt/Charge, and will most likely wait a year till they get them all sorted out.
Thanks again!
john

happy hunting john, either way u will/should have a great phone. just holler if u need assistance :)

From one newbie to another, just wanted to say hi. I would go check them out at the store. There are just too many choices these days! :motdroidhoriz:

Welcome! :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Welcome! I'd personally get the DX2 as I think it has better specs overall. However, the INC2 has the super amoled screen which is very popular.. as where the Pentile screen really is not. Though, in my opinion Pentile is the best out there right now. But that's just me.

Back