New to Forums. A Few Questions

TomWolfeUSN

Reaction score
First of all, I've been lurking here for the past couple weeks. Wanted to get a feel for the place before I dove in. I like it here and there is a huge amount of information flow and I like that.

Question 1 - Are there any apps in the Android Market that are similar to the iPhone's MyTown App? I've tried Foursquare but feel it lacks the appeal.

Question 2 - Rooted or Unrooted. That is the question. Now all ye bring forth thy fine wisdom and lay the pros and cons on me.

Question 3 - How does one, Root, I hope is the proper term, their phone?

First of all, I've been lurking here for the past couple weeks. Wanted to get a feel for the place before I dove in. I like it here and there is a huge amount of information flow and I like that.

Question 1 - Are there any apps in the Android Market that are similar to the iPhone's MyTown App? I've tried Foursquare but feel it lacks the appeal.

Question 2 - Rooted or Unrooted. That is the question. Now all ye bring forth thy fine wisdom and lay the pros and cons on me.

Question 3 - How does one, Root, I hope is the proper term, their phone?

what is mytown? like a place finder? if so, check out "where" and "layar" and "yelp" to see what suits you best

for the next two check out the links in my sig

Thank you for the response.

MyTown is a Location/Check-In based game that allows you to check in and receive points by visiting various venues around your town/city. WoW not applicable.

I just did the manual update to Froyo/2.2 or whatever you may want to call it yesterday. Will that have any affect on the Rooting process that is used in your Sig Link?

Back