Newbie here

knw257

Reaction score
Hey all,

So, I'm more that a little confused regarding the installation of this (or any) ROM. Currently I have a rooted, stock firmware on my Droid 2 (VZW 2.3.20, Android 2.2). I have downloaded the Liberty Toolbox Pro from the market, but I'm a little confused where to go from here. Any help as to where to start would be helpful, as I have never used a bootstrap recovery program or ROM manager in the past.

Well that all depends on what rom you want. The current Liberty rom (0.8) is gingerbread. If you want that then you must first be on gingerbread. Since this is your first go at this, I would suggest sticking with froyo roms.

Well, it turns out I'm pretty good at researching stuff. Although my first few attempts to switch to Liberty failed, and then my attempt to SBF my phone back to stock ended in bootlooping, I was finally able to figure stuff out.

I will likely be posting a full story of my exploits in this thread for other newbies, the pitfalls I experienced can hopefully help others in my situation avoid the same things. Booting into Liberty now it seems, so I'll update this thread when I get everything to the way I like it.

Back