Nexus? DROID RAZR maxx? I can't pick one! help!!!

N3xus

Reaction score
Hey guys first of all I love this forum and this is my first thread, I truly need help from you guys. I'm on my fourth nexus and they all had the same issue, which is the reboot. I know it's a software issue but everyday it reboots more than two times. I love everything about the phone. I love stock Android, not a fan of blur, HTC sense, etc. Recently Verizon sent me the DROID RAZR maxx as a replacement. It's a solid phone, it lasted me 17 hours before it died, unlike the nexus it dies in 5 hours. So I'm asking you guys if you were in my shoes which one would you stay with!? Pure Google godness or go with a solid phone that doesn't have any issues at all. Keep in mind i have until Monday to make this decision.

Are you familiar with root and ROMs?

If you aren't that could be another option before permanently switching to the Razr if you really want to keep the Nexus.

well... This might be just me... But it's a nexus device... Unlock it... And go with a different rom kernel combo... Then the nexus will truly shine... But that's my opinion

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

With the Maxx's ics coming soon, its a tough decision. If you plan to root/from and like pure ics, the gnex. The reason I got the nexus was for ics and because I wishfully thought Google and vzw would treat it like a real nexus with updates. But its problem free for me, and I wouldn't rather have any other phone

Wow thanks you guys for the quick replies, I've seen videos on how to root/unlock the nexus, it doesn't seem too hard to do. But how much longer does the battery increase by?

Wow thanks you guys for the quick replies, I've seen videos on how to root/unlock the nexus, it doesn't seem too hard to do. But how much longer does the battery increase by?
I can make it through the day on 4g. I probably get around 10-12hrs depending on how much I use it, and that's moderate to heavy use. If I use it lightly I got upwards of 15hrs or more. I'm running AOKP with Franco Kernel.

It's really easy to do... Extremely...lol...
But can drastically increase it... Especially when you find which kernel works best for your phone... With moderate usage on mine(running the imoseyen kernel)... I get twelve... With minimal... I can get like... Twenty hours with seventy-eighty percent

The maxx is way more Badass than the nexus. It has 2 x's in the name versus 1.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dezymond said:
I can make it through the day on 4g. I probably get around 10-12hrs depending on how much I use it, and that's moderate to heavy use. If I use it lightly I got upwards of 15hrs or more. I'm running AOKP with Franco Kernel.

That's a huge increase of battery life! I'm assuming that this rooms doesn't make your nexus reboot?

Nemo Aeternamn said:
It's really easy to do... Extremely...lol...
But can drastically increase it... Especially when you find which kernel works best for your phone... With moderate usage on mine(running the imoseyen kernel)... I get twelve... With minimal... I can get like... Twenty hours with seventy-eighty percent

Dude that's crazy battery life increase! You guys are such a great help! I'm leaning towards the nexus now haha

That's a huge increase of battery life! I'm assuming that this rooms doesn't make your nexus reboot?
When I was running stock and even a ROM based on stock, I had a reboot every now and then, but it was very uncommon. I've been running AOKP for almost a week now and not a single reboot.

For what its worth I have an OG RAZR and love it. I've had it since February and its probably rebooted on me once.

Also once I got the hang of smart actions my battery life has been hitting 15 hours+.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

rpdonald said:
For what its worth I have an OG RAZR and love it. I've had it since February and its probably rebooted on me once.

Also once I got the hang of smart actions my battery life has been hitting 15 hours+.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Thanks for your input! I have a hard decision to make soon haha but I think right now I'm leaning towards the nexus, don't get me wrong the razr is a great phone and I love the battery life on it

Hey guys first of all I love this forum and this is my first thread, I truly need help from you guys. I'm on my fourth nexus and they all had the same issue, which is the reboot. I know it's a software issue but everyday it reboots more than two times. I love everything about the phone. I love stock Android, not a fan of blur, HTC sense, etc. Recently Verizon sent me the DROID RAZR maxx as a replacement. It's a solid phone, it lasted me 17 hours before it died, unlike the nexus it dies in 5 hours. So I'm asking you guys if you were in my shoes which one would you stay with!? Pure Google godness or go with a solid phone that doesn't have any issues at all. Keep in mind i have until Monday to make this decision.

If you're rebooting that much and you've gone through 4 replacements, it's not the phone. One or more of your apps are auto updating each time you switch and are causing the crashes. It's nearly impossible for you to get 4 devices that all have the same rebooting issue.

I had the same problem when I first got mine, handcent and my music player were causing the reboots. Got rid of them both and haven't had one since.

I suggest wiping your phone completely and go a day or two without any apps, see if the rebooting occurs, if it doesn't you have your answer.

Last edited:
Back