Nexus One does Android 2.2

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
android22-preview.jpg

Since Adobe has been completely shut out from iPhone/iPad development, it appears all efforts continue on bringing Flash to the Android OS. Adobe evangelist Ryan Steward has released a new youtube video that demos some nicely built flash websites and how well it works on a mobile device. Fast forward to the very end of video and have a quick look at Android 2.2 (FroYo). Androidandme.com has reported that several adobe employees are now running the latest buid and Flash 10.1 will be tied to the release of Android 2.2

Check out the video here: Android 2.2 Desktop on the Nexus One - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum

Source: Android 2.2 desktop spied on Nexus One – Android and Me

I kinda just posted this in a thread somewhere. But in the video the phone is being held on its right side instead of the usual left. Is this a feature of the Nexus one or is this a new feature that can be expected in "Froyo", 270 degree rotation, and if it is new can we expect to see it on the DROID's version of 2.2

Sorry Guys, I was a little late to post the news, but felt it was front page worthy :)

[video=youtube;0y7XJI4NN7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y7XJI4NN7k&feature=player_embed]YouTube - Flash Player on Mobile Devices[/video]

I thought it was a great demo. The multiple sites that he used. Def dug the Flash, as stated in the other thread, i wished that they had shown more of 2.2.

This is just make want an Android Tablet running 2.2.. Would be the perfect Internet Browser and Forum reader :)

I am thinking by the time the an Android Tablet comes out, we will have a nice OS with Flash as well as a few options for HTML5.
Interesting, they did mention the FLASH release again for June. hmm hopefully that holds true.

Let the rant for 2.2 begin. Time to bang on some doors...
moz-screenshot-8.png

moz-screenshot-9.png
moz-screenshot-10.png

looks like there's a new launcher for 2.2... interesting...

reminds me of Xeudoxus' Launcher2 with functional buttons.. (or was it AdamZ' originally?). anyway, it looks okay

Damn, I saw this on my engadget app adn I was going to post it.

Looks like DF is on top of the Android news like usual. :)

Well that's a mixed bag... with the amount of time it took Moto/VZW to release 2.1 for the Droid h3ll will likely be frozen before we get 2.2... IF they even bother with it for the Droid....:icon_evil::icon_evil:

Well that's a mixed bag... with the amount of time it took Moto/VZW to release 2.1 for the Droid h3ll will likely be frozen before we get 2.2... IF they even bother with it for the Droid....:icon_evil::icon_evil:

I'm not so sure now though, with Adobe really pushing on them to get 2.2 out (since it's coupled it seems) maybe they won't drop the ball this time. I'm more hopeful they'll succeed this time than with 2.1.

The original post on Engadget has been updated. It claims that 2.2 runs over 400% faster on the Nexus One than 2.1 did. I am not sure who did the benchmark test but that is an increase in speed I would really love to have.

HOLY CRAP. Wouldn't that increase in speed translate to the Droid as well? This might just be freakin' amazing. :icon_eek:

Back