nexus updates

I saw this coming when they botched the release. They made themselves unworthy of carrying the Nexus 4 and Google was wise to not make a cdma version. Who knows if we'll see another Nexus, but I doubt Verizon will.

From what I have been reading Google and dish network are joining up to come up with there own mobile service. They say that they are going to be up in running later next year. They also said that their internet will be a lot faster and cheaper than all the networks right now.

From what I have been reading Google and dish network are joining up to come up with there own mobile service. They say that they are going to be up in running later next year. They also said that their internet will be a lot faster and cheaper than all the networks right now.
I haven't heard anything about a Google and Dish Network joint project, but I do know about Google Fiber. Wonder why Google would team up with Dish Network for a joint project phone? Maybe provide TV services on the go?

I haven't heard anything about a Google and Dish Network joint project, but I do know about Google Fiber. Wonder why Google would team up with Dish Network for a joint project phone? Maybe provide TV services on the go?

dezy...here you go http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...developing-wireless-service-plans-2013-a.html :)

edit:what? did i just drop some knowledge on dezy? :icon_ lala: hahahaha

o yeah..vzw is LAME. there wont be another nexus on vzw anytime soon. Even if there is I certainly wont be buying. My little brother just switch to t-mobile (note 2) so far his reception is excellent. and i live near him so t-mobile is in my future. maybe :D

dezymond said:

Dish network would provide the spectrum that Google would need to really compete with Verizon and ATT.

dezy...here you go http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...developing-wireless-service-plans-2013-a.html :)

edit:what? did i just drop some knowledge on dezy? :icon_ lala: hahahaha

o yeah..vzw is LAME. there wont be another nexus on vzw anytime soon. Even if there is I certainly wont be buying. My little brother just switch to t-mobile (note 2) so far his reception is excellent. and i live near him so t-mobile is in my future. maybe :D
:blink:

Hmm we'll see how that works out, very interesting. Wonder how competitive their rates will be.

Man those updates sure would be nice. I wouldn't even know where to begin rooting. Never done it and I'd be afraid of bricking it. Big Red seems to make it more possible to disappoint it's customers.

Man those updates sure would be nice. I wouldn't even know where to begin rooting. Never done it and I'd be afraid of bricking it. Big Red seems to make it more possible to disappoint it's customers.

Rooting won't brick your phone....it's what you do after rooting with the newfound superuser access that could "brick" your device. You having a Nexus device makes it almost impossible to brick unless you do something totally silly like flash a corrupt boot.img and a bad recovery img all at once. If you want root, there's a couple of stickies in the dev section.

However, to further address what GalaxyFlatulence is referring to, you don't even need to actually root. You simply need to unlock your bootloader, flash a recovery img, and flash a ROM. Ta da! You are now rooted and if you flashed a ROM based on 4.2, then you have the latest update. Easy.

You would have to in some way physically damage it or somehow wipe the phone clean that not even the bootloader can be read, it would be very difficult and most likely done by intentionally trying to do so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Back