nGetting "Unfortunately, ANY APP has stopped" after OTA ICS update

chris79

Reaction score
I have been getting this on many apps and even the Settings menu. I bit the bullet and did a factory reset. The first time that I opened up the Settings menu I got the error again. Any suggestions on why this is caused?

Dunno, my MIC button always crashes now inside Gtalk and I think its because I use the ICS keyboard from the market.

I have been getting this on many apps and even the Settings menu. I bit the bullet and did a factory reset. The first time that I opened up the Settings menu I got the error again. Any suggestions on why this is caused?

The apps need fix permissions run on it. custom recoveries have this function. like TWRP.

Another option.is to download the ruu for the ics update and install it twice. Installing the ruu will lose your settings and you'll need to reinstall your apps.

I have seen this problem before, but I do not know what causes it.

Every app.on android has its own separate user ID to prevent one app from messing up another app's data. Somehow this can get messed up on rare occasions.

The apps need fix permissions run on it. custom recoveries have this function. like TWRP.

Another option.is to download the ruu for the ics update and install it twice. Installing the ruu will lose your settings and you'll need to reinstall your apps.

I have seen this problem before, but I do not know what causes it.

Every app.on android has its own separate user ID to prevent one app from messing up another app's data. Somehow this can get messed up on rare occasions.
Exactly this... flash the RUU, TWICE, and it should fix this problem. Make sure to backup first, it will wipe all your data!

My settings say that I have software version 3.14.605.12. I see a link to download it and rename the file from androidpolice. Is that the correct file and method to do so? I also see a newer version 4.03.605.2. Should I install that one instead?

It is up to you.

3.14.605.12 is the version which was sent over the air (OTA) to all the rezound phones. This is the latest official released operating system from Verizon for our phone.

4.03.605.2 is a leaked test version of global capabilities. It allows roaming in over 200 counties on GSM networks.. of course hefty verizon roaming charges apply.

One person has recently stated that the 4.03.605.2 fixes some problems he experienced with 3.14.605.12

p.s. your bootloader needs to show LOCKED or RELOCKED on the first line in order to install a ruu. But, if your phone is s-off, then locked/unlocked does not matter.

My settings say that I have software version 3.14.605.12. I see a link to download it and rename the file from androidpolice. Is that the correct file and method to do so? I also see a newer version 4.03.605.2. Should I install that one instead?
I would use the 3.14.605.12 version, it is the same as your phone and is the official release, meaning you should be able to get OTA updates in the future.

If VZW or HTC changes the version numbers or build of anything in the 4.3 release, then you will likely not get future OTA updates and will have to flash another RUU, which will wipe all your data again.

What link should I use to download the correct file?

Dunno, my MIC button always crashes now inside Gtalk and I think its because I use the ICS keyboard from the market.
This is a different issue, the "ICS Keyboard" from the Play Store (oddly enough) has compatibility issues with the Google Voice Typing implemented in the ICS version on the Rezound. Uninstall it and use the default Sense keyboard, SwiftKey, Perfect Keyboard, or most other keyboards and it will work fine.

What link should I use to download the correct file?
Anyone that works for you, they are all the same file, also if you Google it I think there are some Torrent Files around too... Just make sure the MD5 sum matches what Android Police has on their webpage EXACTLY, preferably after you have copied it to the external sd card. You can use ES File Explorer to check it, if the MD5 sums do no match, STOP, delete the file and download again from another site. Flash twice and you should be good to go!

Back