No more settings app

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
Well. This morning I got the frg22D update. Even though I'm on a the newest (other than this) 2.2. So I updated it. It was like 1.6mb and said it allowed flash from the market. So when I turned my phone back on my settings app is gone. Superuser app opens and doesn't say anything. But setcpu says its in read only yet it reads overclocked still. I don't know what happened. But if I try to add a widget, force close. Settings app is gone.

Help!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

That happened to me too. I used rsd lite and rerooted. That fixed it up.

That happened to me too. I used rsd lite and rerooted. That fixed it up.

yeah im gonna have to do that too. i figured i would. but then i forgot i left my usb cable at my dorm -__- so now all i have is a wired charger.. but whatever. ill do it this week then. sucks.

but what version is it after the sbf flash?

01b? 22d? i used rsdlite a while back to root 2.1

wow. there is NO phone.apk. or settings. or even contacts. holy crap.

im stuck without a phone app. lucky i can still go into handcent and type a name and hit call. whew

Yeah that sucks... I'm not sure what version it was. I had to install a custom rom to get all ofmy stuff back.

OK, let me see if I can understand this. You guys are rooted, correct? Message came through saying there was an update. You said go ahead and install.

Now at that point what should of happened is either clockwork or SPRecovery should have blocked the install. If that didn't happen, you should of lost your SU and you're probably not running anything more then FRG22D which more or less is a patch.

Let me move you guys over to the rescue squad.

If you did lose SU then I think you need to follow the instructions here to get it back.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

yes. thank you. i found that link yesterday and decided to do it but i left my usb cable and charger at my dorm... and im just using a non usb charger now at home. yeah it popped up. and clockwork didnt block it. and it installed. and i lost root, settings, contact app, email app, phone app.

thanks

Back