no music showing in stock music app help

joeyx2

Reaction score
At first I thought it had to do with the rom I installed so I installed a different one and same thing I get no list of music in my stock music app but there on my sd card. Anyone know the cause of this and a fix.

Edit: I got them to show up in poweramp. Its like music app is not seaching for music

Last edited:
Did you try the music player that was included in either rom?

What is the name of the SD card file that contains your music?

I'm not sure but check the app settings to make sure it is looking in the correct folder

I've rebooted, tried to extract a diff music.apk, found no option to search for music in certain folders, and even deleted music.apk and download musicmod from market and still don't show up

If you have Astro installed you can search for song and it will tell you the location

O yea sorry its in "downloads"

Never had a problem before I have never change where my music is at on sd card.

Last edited:
Not sure what may have moved it but if you move it into a folder named music or media you should be OK.

I just did a nandroid backup of one that I know works. I'm good in poweramp but not in music app that comes with it so I have no clue.

I've been installing nandroids and wiping and installing. Shouldn't that fix it.

Not necessarily. Keep in mind the rom does not modify the SD card only ROM. I doubt switching roms would relocate your music.

No I have my music on the sd card its in the downloads folder on it. It just doesn't show up in the music.apk when I open it

Got ya but I believe the music needs to be in the media or music folder not downloads.

I've got music in "musicfolder" and "media" and still nothin

Back