No Push Data?

Fahrenheit

Reaction score
I think I have something wrong with "push" data. I always have to refresh my email and twitter. It never just happens automatically. Is there a setting for this I can change? or do you guys think something else is wrong?

My system version is 5.5.886

Last edited:
No one seems to have an answer to this issue. It is a PITA especially when you rely on quick notification. Seems it stopped pushing when phone is in idle since the OTA.

go into settings, battery and data manager and make sure you don't have something in there turned off. Set battery mode to performance and then disable battery saver.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

go into settings, battery and data manager and make sure you don't have something in there turned off. Set battery mode to performance and then disable battery saver.

Thanks for the reply mamawm. Your reply was a good example of the problem. Yuou sent it at 11:36 but I didn't get it til 3:00 when i reactivated my bionic. Checked my data saver , it is turned offand data delivery is set on push. If the bionic is in idle messages don't come thru. Don't know if I'm unique or if there are other settings to change. It seems to me it worked well until the update.
Oh wait , didn't know battery mode was selectable. Now see the performance option. Hope thats it. Thanks again.

Last edited:
I use K-9 for my email and it has a setting of the frequency of polling. The quickest is 30 minutes, though.

Thanks for the reply mamawm. Your reply was a good example of the problem. Yuou sent it at 11:36 but I didn't get it til 3:00 when i reactivated my bionic. Checked my data saver , it is turned offand data delivery is set on push. If the bionic is in idle messages don't come thru. Don't know if I'm unique or if there are other settings to change. It seems to me it worked well until the update.
Oh wait , didn't know battery mode was selectable. Now see the performance option. Hope thats it. Thanks again.
Good luck and keep us posted.

I use K-9 for my email and it has a setting of the frequency of polling. The quickest is 30 minutes, though.

I just got the Bionic yesterday as VZW replacement for a TB and had to set up k9, which I use for my 4 personal email accounts. I have polling choices less than 30 min, 15 min -the one I use, 5 min and every min and also a none setting. Hope this may help.

Back