Not syncing

Hummada

Reaction score
I've downloaded the drivers and when I click on HTC sync it shows no device connected. USB debugging is connected. This is windows XP.

What am I missing?

Can anyone help? Either I get it figured out or I have to exchange this phone for a Razr or Nexus.

I've downloaded the drivers and when I click on HTC sync it shows no device connected. USB debugging is connected. This is windows XP.

What am I missing?

What are you trying to sync? USB Debugging shouldn't be enabled unless you're trying to use ADB for something. And didn't I read somewhere that there was an issue with XP and the latest HTC Sync drivers?

I don't get it. We have 3 or 4 BS threads about nothing and everyone replies. But a major syncing issue and one person replies? FFS! That'a pathetic! Anywho,I've talked to cust service and they are sending me a new cable,which is NOT the problem. I'm trying to connect my phone to my computer! If I can't do that then this phone is worthless and I'll have to trade it for something ****tier like the Nexus.

When you plug the cable into the phone do you get the option to sync, or does it go straight to USB debugging, charge only.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

It just shows USB debugging connected on the phone when plugged to the computer. I've tried every default connection type. I've tried plugging into every USB port on the computer. When I talked to customer service they had me go to "my computer" to see if anything was showing when I plugged/unplugged my phone,but nothing is working.

Is there anything other than HTC sync that I could use to connect with my computer on Windows XP? I don't want to return this phone because it rocks,but I'll have to very soon if it will not connect.

Sorry for the late post, I experience the same issue this evening trying to use Sync with Windows XP. I tried many different options nothing worked. I then connected to my Windows 7 computer everything worked as advertised it even installed the driver for HTC USB from Windows. It's not the phone in this case.

Damnit! I want to keep this phone!

Is there any other phone equal or better I can trade it for?

Again, turn off USB debugging on your phone. Once you do that, attach it to your computer. If you don't get the pop up screen on your phone, then check the notification bar. You should be able to change modes to "sync". Ensure that sync is running in your system tray on XP.

I've tried a few times. Nothing is working. I don't think you can get HTC sync and Windows XP to work together.

You are missing out on the fact you are using a completely outdated computer to sync with. Lol. My vista computer is 6 years old now and that thing is considered ancient. This phone almost has a faster processor and more memory. Lol

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums.

Windows XP

It's not XP, I'm running XP Pro at work, with USB Debugging and I can still sync. Did you download the drivers or install from CD.

I downloaded and erased the drivers a few times ...there has got to be a way! But the way needs to happen before my 14 day return is gone.

could it be because my old computer has 2.0 usb ports?

Try connecting another phone to the USB cord, maybe the cord is defective.

Back