Notification Light Problem!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I cant stand the notification light - it's bright, giant, and pulses.

So I went into the settings and turned it off.

Every time I get an instant message it turns back on in the settings...

Please help me!

I cant stand the notification light - it's bright, giant, and pulses.

So I went into the settings and turned it off.

Every time I get an instant message it turns back on in the settings...

Please help me!

what don't you like about a notification light that notifies you? I love it, its perfect. I'm coming from the Bionic, where the notification light was barely visible.

btw, my light doesn't pulse, it just stays on all the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I sleep with the phone next to me. The pulsing makes the room go dark, light, dark, light.

It's very annoying.

Change the settings of the individual app (facebook, gmail, sms, etc.)

You can also try light flow and change it to a darker light, Orange shouldn't wake you up. Sounds like you have the LED on top of your face though, I never found it that bright then again it stays on the ground next to my bed.:p

The only notifications are email (which doesn't blink) and sms (which is what turns it back on for everything). I've checked all the settings.

If I don't solve the problem the phone WILL be sleeping on the floor which I dont want!

Take the phone apart, crush the tiny bulb!
Though effective wouldn't recommend it:D

Try to find a black marker and just cover it with that. It shouldn't be noticeable and you don't have to go breaking stuff:p

One other thing I do sometimes it put a microfiber cloth on top of it, the ones you use to clean glasses, keeps the dust off the device and it'll block the LED

Why don't you put the phone face down? The sound comes from the back of the phone if you're using it as an alarm so it shouldn't screw anything up.

Honestly the picture you're using is causing me not to focus on your words...

Why don't you put the phone face down? The sound comes from the back of the phone if you're using it as an alarm so it shouldn't screw anything up.

get light flow. There's a sleep setting that will disable notifications for whatever time you set.

sent from my rooted nexus

I lay my phone face down when I sleep usually. And when I don't, the light doesn't light my room up. I recommend light flow though. Awesome app.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using.. magic.

I anticipate getting a dock when they come out - otherwise the face down would work.

Uninstalled it.

It was causing battery drain by keeping k-9 mail running way more than normal.

Back