****Official FroYo Rollout Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphawave7

Reaction score
Soooo...did you get it? dancedroid

Schweet! **** https://android.clients.google.com/updates/voles/signed-voles-FRG01B-from-ESE81.e48e48ff.zip ****

Basic instruction for manual updating your Droid to FroYo:

On Phone:
Navigate to this site, this page, and click the .zip link above to download the update to your phone.
The .zip file will likely be saved in a default downloads folder on your sdcard, so a file manager (like Astro, EStrongs FileExplorer,etc.) will be needed for the two following steps:
1) Rename file to 'update' (no quotes), keeping the .zip extension intact.
2) Move the newly-named 'update.zip' from the default download folder to the ROOT of your sdcard (root is the top directory-sdcard/) which allows recovery to see the update.zip. Bear in mind, if you have previously updated your phone, you may already have an update.zip file in root of your sdcard, so it will need to be renamed (eg. 2update.zip) to bring in the newest update into root.
Once the new update.zip file resides in sdcard root, simply power down your phone, and boot into recovery mode. Select the update.zip file and allow the phone to apply the update. The initial boot of the new FroYo update has been reported to take a while, so be patient..FroYo won't melt! If you run into any problems, you are in luck! We have fora and threads dedicated to getting you quick help! Look for 'sticky' threads in Droid General. Enjoy your FroYo!

On Computer:
Download the .zip file above to a known location on your computer, and rename it 'update' (no quotes), keeping the .zip extension intact. Attach your phone to computer via USB, and access your sdcard. Place the 'update.zip' file into root of your sdcard. Remove phone from computer, and using a file manager, locate the update.zip file on your sdcard root to verify it transferred properly-the file manager should show it as a 'zipped' or compressed file. With file present, power down your phone, and boot into recovery mode. Select the update.zip file and allow the phone to apply the update. The initial boot of the new FroYo update has been reported to take a while, so be patient..FroYo won't melt! If you run into any problems, you are in luck! We have fora and threads dedicated to getting you quick help! Look for 'sticky' threads in Droid General. Enjoy your FroYo!

Some FAQ answers:
!!!DROID ONLY!!!
1) Link above is from Google's servers
2) Model number: Droid
Android Version: 2.2
Baseband version: c_01.43.01p
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-g103d848android-build@apa26 #1
Build number: frg01b
3) Some scores:
From 7 VII 7
Lin Pack
2.1 = 4.3 to 4.5
2.2 = 9.5 to 9.6
Quadrant
2.1 = 374
2.2 = 820

From neubanks89: I got an average of 938 on quad. Not too bad. 9.3 on linpack
From stravis: Quadrant 929 Linpack 9.564

Last edited:
let's attempt to keep this thread on topic everyone. Just did you get it and problems or issues only please.............

Thanks

Miami

It's only 8/3… I thought it wasn't due for another few days?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It's only 8/3… I thought it wasn't due for another few days?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

There were several reports that the D1 was suppose to get the update today and the DI and DX sometime "later this summer". For the heck of it I just checked for an update on my DX and got nothing. Who knows, maybe they are waiting until later on in the day to cut it. I guess we'll wait and see.

One more time people, the updates will start out slowly. Not everyone is going to get it today, only a handful of people will. Most likely the majority of you will start seeing it around the 6th or the 7th. Until then, be patient it will start rolling out soon.:)

My Droid has been running flawless... don't know if I would do the OTA....

My Droid has been running flawless... don't know if I would do the OTA....

If you're running stock then you may not have any choice. It's a mandatory update. That means even if you keep rejecting it the install will install itself eventually.

(Today thru 13th) Moto Droid 2.2 Rolls Out!

Just got off the phone with a Verizon representative.

Here's how it went down.

Dan
: "Thanks for calling Verizon Wireless my name is Dan can I get your name."

Vin
: "Hey, Vincent ****"

Dan: "Hey Vincent, how are you doing today"

Vin
: "Good Dan, hows things"

Dan: "Good, how can I help you today"

Vin: "Wondering when 2.2 hits my Moto Droid?"

Dan: "Did you check your phone for the update?"

Vin: "I checked around 3:00am, I work nights and didn't see the update, let me check again.... ya, no update."

Dan: "We began rolling out the update today so you might see it"

Vin: "So it's a random update, hit or miss"

Dan: "Ya, we started today and it goes until, checking.... the 13th of this month, so starting today through the 13th you should expect the update"

Vin: "Ok sounds good to me, thanks for the info"

Dan: "Is there anything else I can help you with today Vincent, minutes used, features?"

Vin: "Nope, you answered all my questions, thanks"

Dan
: "Thanks for calling Verizon Wireless, and you have a good day Vincent."

Vin: "You too Dan, thanks again."

Those who received it, is there a new baseband?

Sent from my Moto Droid using Tapatalk

if the update is about 60 or so MB ... does it dl to the phone completely before the install prompt ?

I got it!

Oh, I lost it ....

Zero, not sure on that, I believe it does DL first, then you get the notification to install.

Last edited:
From the DX menu---You device is up to date! No update is necessary at this time. :frown: Still sportin 2.1 for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back