Official "I got my droid turbo" thread..

Well first.. Migrate made it really easy to swap everything over.. The screen is just about as bright as the maxx.. Very very sharp.. Snappy as can be.. Some audio distortion issues at first.. I rebooted and its fine now..

Reception is great, no drops.. Wireless charging.. Haven't been able to get that to work yet.. Looking into it..

Going to shut off animations and finalize my setup now..

Oh.. I should add.. The 64gig looks sweet, especially with he chrome on the droid emblem..

Getting everything finalized now..

Just got home with the 64GB version. I'm going to really put it through the paces and decide which phone to keep - the Turbo or the Note 4.

Initial impressions:

- It feels fantastic in hand.
- The screen is great.
- It's very snappy, but it doesn't feel any quicker than the Note 4.
- Qi charging works.
- Signal is solid (on par with the Note 4).
- The camera is a little slow to take pictures compared to the phones I've been using as of late. Image quality is better than I was expecting though.
- Just under 52GB of available memory out of the box. It says Android OS takes up 11.7GB. That's ridiculous. Touch Whiz doesn't take up that much space.

Quick update to my initial impressions:

While I'm going to test it out for the next week, I'm pretty sure the Turbo is going to go back for one reason - the camera. Slow to focus, slow to capture, and mediocre low light performance. It's the best camera Moto has ever had in a phone, but it's a deal breaker for me after having used the amazing shooter that the Note 4 has.

I take a lot of pictures (for work and personally), so the camera is of the utmost importance to me. If that's not an extremely important thing to you, or if it's just moderately important, you'll have no problems with the Turbo. I'm loving everything else about it.

Wireless charging is fine.. Its just lower on the phone than the maxx, which is up by the volume rockers.. Now it's just below the the center..

My thoughts on the camera.. Its not that important to me.. I use Google camera but this version from moto is good enough for me...

Audio play back through power amp, which is huge for me.. Is on par with the maxx. Sounds way better than the g3.

The screen is just awesome.. Sharp as can be and bright.. I'm charging up to 100% and its not taking long with the turbo charger... It's shame to put this thing in a case.. Its a good looking and great feeling phone..

Last edited:
I'm curious on screen ..bc I was not impressed with Moto X screen ...I'm going to check phone out tonight although I'm not on Verizon ...camera slow snap was one thing I saw on a review yesterday..

M8 tap'd

I'm curious on screen ..bc I was not impressed with Moto X screen ...I'm going to check phone out tonight although I'm not on Verizon ...camera slow snap was one thing I saw on a review yesterday..

M8 tap'd

The screen is fantastic. A big step up from the 2014 Moto X. It's right up there with the Note 4 for the nicest smartphone screen I've ever seen.

I really can't fault much of anything about the Turbo beyond the camera. I'm trying other camera apps, but like usual they offer little improvement. Everything else so far is top notch.

Even through the stupid plastic screen protector on this defender... The screen looks awesome.

This phone is fast... No lie in this advertising..

Got mine! Have just completed the Moto Migrate (from a first gen Moto X) and am setting everything up on it now. I'm loving the ballistic nylon. Anxious to see how good the battery life turns out to be in real world use! I'll report back after further use.

Back