One tap or icon to launch Voice Commands

jclake

Reaction score
Is there a shortcut to launch Voice Commands? Right now I "long press" on the microphone in the Google search bar. However I shrunk the size of the Google Search Bar to 1x1 using Apex Launcher. With the icon this small it is tough to hit the "microphone" with my finger. Is there a separate shortcut to launch Voice Actions on a Galaxy Nexus?

I'm not sure about Apex but on Nova launcher you can add a voice search icon to your home screen or dock

Pool-shark. Which BT headset are you using? Thinking of buying one that is good enough quality for voice commands

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

As far as I am aware, BT launches voice actions, which is different than voice commands.

I'm not sure about Apex but on Nova launcher you can add a voice search icon to your home screen or dock

Pool-shark. Which BT headset are you using? Thinking of buying one that is good enough quality for voice commands

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

My primary headset is the Plantronics savor m1100.
I also use the voyager pro and the Motorola S9-HD for music.

If you are rooted, most ROMs have the ability to add a search button to your nav bar, which you can longpress on to bring up Voice Commands... just like on previous versions of Android.

You shouldn't have to long press on the search bar voice icon, I just tap mine and it comes up with the stock google search bar.

Even the google search widget is just a tap to activate voice search.

I found an app "Google Voice Search Button" by Giant Turtle that does exactly what I wanted. It is an app that allows you to place a Google Voice shortcut on your home screen so you don't have to use the tiny one Google provides with ICS. I put the shortcut in my dock.

I found an app "Google Voice Search Button" by Giant Turtle that does exactly what I wanted. It is an app that allows you to place a Google Voice shortcut on your home screen so you don't have to use the tiny one Google provides with ICS. I put the shortcut in my dock.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the bluetooth to launch voice search. Anyone know how to make it work??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Back