Ota imm76q

RiceCake2000

Reaction score
I have been doing some online reading and after doing a Google search I have been seeing articles about a new Verizon OTA. it appears this IS NOT Jelly Bean, but is another ICS update.

Anyone get this update and know what it is supposed to fix/improve?
Rumors are better signal and "fixed" universal search. (Similar to latest SG3 update)

ForumRunner_20120724_120503.png

**whoops should be a K not a Q **

True. From the look of things on that screenshot they are identical. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Like you mentioned this is probably just the dumbed down search function. Good thing I'm already on JB. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sprint's version just had an update start rolling out today, Over-The-Air Update (L700.FG01) for Sprint Galaxy Nexus Incoming . I know that doesn't mean much for Verizon folks, but perhaps there will be an RSSI change for the toro as well.

I have no clue when this is coming. I would imagine any time now, as this shouldn't be a huge update, so not too much to test. But knowing Verizon, it could be weeks, months, years....never haha.

When are we getting this new update?
Hopefully soon.

I don't think you'll notice any changes really with your device. Unless you really use Google Search quite a bit, then you may notice a slight "dumb down"

Does anyone know if WugFresh's toolkit will be able to root this OTA? I got my Nexus today and it came stock, and there is not Q listing in the toolkit, only 4.04 K

Does anyone know if WugFresh's toolkit will be able to root this OTA? I got my Nexus today and it came stock, and there is not Q listing in the toolkit, only 4.04 K

If the OTA patches root, I'm sure Wug will update the tool kit. But this is an incredibly minor update. IMM76K and this new update will probably have the same methods.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I am assuming it will fix the search feature and that will probably be it. Honestly when I saw the pic I thought it was for 4.0.4 and they were late non their news.

I used Wug's kit with the update and it worked fine. I was a bit panicked when I didn't see an option for the Q but said screw it and it ended up working.

Just because two websites shows the same screen shot doesn't make it valid. All they did was use the same source of information, or one used the other as a source. Not good journalism by a long shot.

Ok :biggrin: I'll guess only time will tell.

Back