outlook email?

???

Reaction score
so I have a work email I'd like to set up, but when I do it, it requires me to set a pin for the phone. If I could use a pattern maybe I'd go ahead but punching in the number everything I look at my phone is more than I feel like dealing with.

now on my gf's work phone (droidpro) she only has to enter her pin when checking her job's email only, not every lock screen.

any way to set the nexus up like that? an app or a hack. I'm rooted

The server administrator is supposed to be able to configure this requirement. The default is pin. I have access to our server administration, found where the option is, changed it and whammo. Nothing changed. Very disappointing. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

so I have a work email I'd like to set up, but when I do it, it requires me to set a pin for the phone. If I could use a pattern maybe I'd go ahead but punching in the number everything I look at my phone is more than I feel like dealing with.

now on my gf's work phone (droidpro) she only has to enter her pin when checking her job's email only, not every lock screen.

any way to set the nexus up like that? an app or a hack. I'm rooted

She is probably using one of the third party email applications and not the stock email applications. They can configure encryption and polices separate using another application and keep corporate email in a bubble that can't be accessed. But as I recall they also have a policy to wipe the whole phone as an option in that other program and not just the email part.

The server administrator is supposed to be able to configure this requirement. The default is pin. I have access to our server administration, found where the option is, changed it and whammo. Nothing changed. Very disappointing. If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Watch on changing that.....Did you do it in the user properties or the actual mobile policy? You would have to do it in the mobile policy, but doing that would also change it for everyone else using the same policy. You would be better to create a new mobile policy then assigning yourself to that policy. Also there is a policy update schedule that can be set could be 2 hours, daily, etc. So even when you change it there could be a delay in the push.

She is probably using one of the third party email applications and not the stock email applications. They can configure encryption and polices separate using another application and keep corporate email in a bubble that can't be accessed. But as I recall they also have a policy to wipe the whole phone as an option in that other program and not just the email part.

i believe her's is... so i need to tell my IT guys to use one of the 3rd party email apps.. i'd be fine with the whole phone wipe if i lost it. i'd do the same thru seekdroid anyways.

i was just hoping it was something i could do on my end. from say a market app, that i didn't need them to do. cause that most likely isn't going to happen haha.

Last edited:
I'll look at setting up another mobile policy. I tried user settings.
I do like the function of this activesync. Its almost instantaneous and reciprocal. I don't know if the software solutions work as well or not?
We're a small company and we still use an outside pop 3 account. So unless my laptop is hooked up checking pop and on the domain I don't get my email this way. I need to find a way to get the server to fetch my email. Any ideas?

Back