Phone resets after accessing Navigation app

Scubachick76

Reaction score
My htc rezound was recently updated to the ice cream os. I noticed now that whenever I access the navigation app, the phn resets after a few seconds. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't want to do a factory reset bc I'm afraid.of.losing everything I have on my phone.

Have you looked at ANY Rezound forum before asking this question? Or even Googled it once? This is one of the top topic in EVERY Rezound forum on every site on the Internet.

The Google Maps app release 6.10.0 does not play well with HTC/Verizon firmware version 3.14.605.12, which just happens to be the latest official Verizon firmware that was pushed out OTA at the beginning of the month.

There is no reason to Factory Reset for this issue, it will NOT fix it at all, as soon as you do and then download updates it will start doing it all over again.

Go to Settings->Apps->Maps and click Uninstall Updates, then go to the Play Store, find the Maps application and make sure Automatic Updates is turned off (not checked) and you are good to go!

You can just check periodically here in the HTC Rezound General Discussion area and I am sure when a solution is found it will be posted, LOTS of times!

You could also just try Waze, it is superior to Maps in most ways.

Thanks for the response, but yes, I actually did find the solution after I posted this. I just can't figure out how to delete a post. Also, I wasn't accessing google maps, when my phn was resetting. Either way, the uninstall of the updates seems to have worked so far. So thanks.

Thanks for the response, but yes, I actually did find the solution after I posted this. I just can't figure out how to delete a post. Also, I wasn't accessing google maps, when my phn was resetting. Either way, the uninstall of the updates seems to have worked so far. So thanks.
Sorry to snap there a little bit, I was kinda out of line. I am guessing I had been on XDA for while before posting that and the "norm" there is significantly different than here, this site (and myself personally) are normally much more polite and user friendly, but XDA is a very different story and some times it rubs off. No excuses though, I apologize.

I am glad you got it working, for future reference Google Maps, Navigation, and Latitude are all tied together, they are the same application at their core so if Navigation or Latitude mess up it is likely an issue with Maps.

And you can't delete a whole thread or the original post, just an individual reply you made, the best you could have done is post a reply with something "Nevermind, found the answer... Mod please delete this thread" and hopefully one of the Moderators will catch it and delete it for you, they are pretty good around this site.

Last edited:
Welcome to Droid forums scubachick. Acejavelin is very correct in that we are a very different sight. We don't mind any question asked, no matter how simple or complex, or whether its already been asked. We do encourage ppl to do a search but I'll be the first to admit, our search function within this site does not always work the best, so even though the answer is there sometimes, it is not so easy to find. Many times, if a question has been asked, sometime might post the link to direct you to it.

If you have not done a factory data reset since updating to ICS, it is very advisable to do one. It does solve many conflicts. I did an fdr on my son's Rezound just before updating to ICS and immediately after. He has had his Rezound since Marc. This was his first Android and he had become very familiar with Gingerbread. He has not had any problems with the ICS update. He notices that some things work differently but overall likes the change.

If you want to do an FDR, here is a post I wrote that might give you some helpful ideas for backing up and restoring before doing an FDR: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-help/219101-getting-most-success-upgrading-ics-gb.html

Feel free to join in! Lots to talk about and learn!

apparently, google fixed the issue with the last update. everytime i would update the maps app, when i went to navigate, it would reboot, so i would go and uninstall the update. every couple of days i would install the update to see if it had been corrected and it hadnt. last week, they finally fixed it and all is well now.

yes the new version 6.11 doesn't reboot the phone anymore but now it sucks battery like crazy. 6.10 was the "reboot" version. I am staying on version 6.9 for now as it runs perfect.

yes the new version 6.11 doesn't reboot the phone anymore but now it sucks battery like crazy. 6.10 was the "reboot" version. I am staying on version 6.9 for now as it runs perfect.
Funny, I had issues with 6.9.2 building up heat and sucking battery like crazy... but now that I am on 6.11.1 it runs cool and almost no battery usage over the normal screen time. Weird.

Back